Fantasy Surf League

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by zach619, Feb 16, 2011.

1. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008

Yeah i watched the final, it was good! It look's like they have stepped it up a notch this year.

2. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I dont mind watching the girls. They still rip much harder than me so it's entertaining I think

3. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    I caught some of the final too. And, I agree they've stepped it up this year for sure.

I would have been so pissed if I was Tyler with Carissa dropping in cutting off her barrel! But, she had priority so what are you gonna do?

4. bushwood

bushwood Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010

Damn and I thought i was doing well! your stoked. I had all 8 of my surfers make it to round 3, so that helped i guess (not sure how points go) , but I have Taj, Dusty, Jordy, and Alejo left. I know at least one of my surfers will make the semi's cause Alejo surfs against Jordy. I would love to see 3 get in the semis that would be a good way to start the fantasy surfer season
    Im glad you guys are as into the ASP tour webcast as I am, i was thinking I must be a ASP tour geek... The surfing has been electric the past two days though, in fact the past year and half the contest have been great. The ASP did well firing the old head judge and changing the judging criteria and reducing the surfers to the top 34. It has made for intense heats with truly the best in the world, not just guys that were good at doing 3 turns tot he beach and milking a wave to shore.

5. bushwood

Jun 4, 2010
    Find out your surfers points

Ok you can find out how many points each of your surfers scored if they are out of the contest. Go tothe fantasy surfer site, go to your Dashboard on there you will see, trading clubs, fantasy profile and surfer stats. Click onsurfer stats, it shows how many points all surfers that are out have scored. I have 4 guys left in the contest but the 4 surfers i have that are out scored 352 points

Julian Wilson- 86
    Josh Kerr- 83
    Parko- 102
    Mick Fanning - 81

I still have Dusty Jordy Taj and Alejo to go.

Did you guys enter any skyboxes?

6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, its been really good surfing.

I was reading more about the shark sighting, and they were saying that during the women's final, the shark came up within feet of one of the girls in the heat...

The aussie media blew up a bunch of stories saying "Shark drops in on Slater at Snapper"...

But at the end it talked about the women's heat and that sounded waaaay more sketchy! Crazy. The didn't interrupt that heat either.

7. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    this is off topic but for those of you who are watching, does anyone know the name of the song or the artist for those corona commercials where its just a few people chilling on the beach? it sounds like a good chill acoustic song

8. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    dude i was just asking myself the same question... i will find out next time it comes up

9. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    Artist: Years around the sun

Song: Miles Away (acoustic edit)

10. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    HAHAHA. THANK YOU!
    I was wondering the same thing!!!!

11. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    sick! thanks man i was trying to use shazam on my phone to recognize it but it couldnt find it for some reason. downloading now haha

and it kinda sucks they went on hold. i know the waves will be better but i cant watch now. ill just have to catch up on the highlights in the morning

12. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Yeah, all of them.
    Why not? I think you can win stuff through them, although I doubt I'll probably win anything.

13. bushwood

Jun 4, 2010
    YOu can see your score!

Hey guys if you go to your dashboard and go to the clubs thing you can see where you finished in our club. YOu will see that no one is ranked yet but under that you should see all the contest for the year and at the bottom of that is round 1. You will see your score and your rank. I got 4th but it doesnt show who finished where only your personal score.

14. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    haha i'm ranked 10th (out of 27), i was expecting worse with how early a couple of my guys were thrown out. I can deal with a top 10 result! I'll have to pick more carefully going into bells....

15. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Clubhouse rank #2!!

Whose #1?

16. offshore

offshore Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Damn, good going! Number 7 here.

17. rustysrfr

rustysrfr Well-Known Member

May 29, 2007
    I was just looking at info for bells too, tricky little system tho for fantasy surfer. It seems that the value of surfers changes after events, so they caution you to be wise as not to buy back surfers for a higher price. just a thought!

18. rustysrfr

rustysrfr Well-Known Member

May 29, 2007
    I was doing the same thing, couldnt find who sang that song. Have listened to years around the sun before but didnt think of them through my search. good looks.

19. GnarActually

GnarActually Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I'm #6. Felt bad for taj. He looked like he was going to cry, and i don't blame him

Our club is good. I got #3 in another with 35 people in it, and #1 with 60 people in it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  20. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    yeah, buy low and sell high if you can swing it....

Anybody think they will run the bell's event at winkipop this year? The last few years they held maybe 1 or 2 rounds at bells, and then moved down the beach to winkipop, which is a wayyyyyyyyyyy better high performance wave.