Friday and Saturday

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by delsurf4, Mar 8, 2011.

1. delsurf4

delsurf4 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    friday and saturday are looking super nice. thinking about skipping school on friday and getting some..what do you think about this swell?

2. pierpit1

pierpit1 Active Member

Jul 14, 2010

3. nickbeezy

nickbeezy Member

May 10, 2010
    lol. i remember skipping school to paddle out. what school you go to. i went to salem before

since im on spring break i think im going to head out to OBX. cuz if its rippin here in vb imagine down south.:D

4. eastbreak

eastbreak Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I hope the swell holds, I need some good waves, I keep missing the good days, I haven't caught a good swell in a month....:mad:

5. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    whether theres waves or not, you should be skipping school. school is for fools and work is for jerks. just go surfin man. waters warmin up alot

6. marknel83

marknel83 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Wait till thursday. Things could change alot. It is a forecast.

7. wavejunkie

wavejunkie Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2008
    im heading to OBX...if the forecast stays the same, and thats a big IF

8. jonmharrell

jonmharrell Active Member

Dec 19, 2010
    im not going to go to school friday. I know its a forcast and i got to wait to call it saturday morning but it looks like its going to be real good friday, so im pretty stoked

9. delsurf4

delsurf4 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    hell yeah man so stoked.

10. yetiatthejetty

yetiatthejetty Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    unfortunately this frinday is like one of the 12 days I can't take off work, and I have a meeting after work until 7. So, it looks like I'll be out saturday with the rest of the crowds.

11. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    if you can, you must

12. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    i remember my first swell....

13. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Forecast Changed! - SSE Winds Friday - Monday. Better stay in school and learn a thing or two!

14. jimmycrab

jimmycrab Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    got a new board itching to try it out on friday! Is anyone wearing a 4/3 yet in maryland waters?

15. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    4/3 should be plenty. Good gloves and boots with it and youll be fine.

16. phishphansurferfromnj

phishphansurferfromnj Member

May 3, 2010
    don't agree

question, why is everyone acting like the waves are going to be so great? they will be big yes but all the reports have them as choppy and disorganised. just because they will be bigdoes not make them good. it looks like it's going to be to musch wind and not even the right direction. please explain if i'm wrong but i don't see it. at least here in atlantic city.

17. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    you said it yourself...

18. shackedNJ

shackedNJ Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    You are wrong. If you know where to go with the wind conditions and the swell direction it will be very good...Sometimes you gotta be willing to get in a car and drive

19. SoDelLocal

SoDelLocal Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    choppy and big is better than smooth and non-existent...and on a side note, i think it's kinda fun when it's all choppy because sometimes things line up in an interesting way

20. rustysrfr

rustysrfr Well-Known Member

May 29, 2007
    totalleeeee agree, i do love a good wind with medium period swell. less than victory at sea but do not need perfection, lets get real. should be fun anyway the wind blows.