--Craigslist Alert Thread--

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by DaMook, Mar 2, 2011.

1. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    OK, I looked at the board again and see that it's an Eberly shape. Hold onto it. I'd use it for wall art, but I'm sure that board is really fun in the right conditions.

2. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010

Maybe not as valuable as a Lopez shaped gun from the 70's ! Lighting bolts have surfaced that were foam signed by Lopez. If shaped by Lopez highly collectable and if not shaped by Lopez, still collectable. Lopez did attract skilled notable shapers of that era during their early years including the 80's. Some of the 80's Bolts could have been shaped by the likes of many including Rory Russell.

That's "Bolt's a keeper :) Kudos to Mitchell for snapping it up. I'm sure others wished we were as lucky.
    You younger guys who invest in the these collectable sticks will welcome the value in years to come as those makers and shapers are getting older while some are not with us any longer will create more demand and value.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

3. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    tis board is a CI sashimi copy isnt it??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wrv for 130$

4. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
  5. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    the traction pad looks like total shiz on that board.

6. leethestud

leethestud Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
  7. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    That's not a Sashimi copy. I had one and I can tell just by looking at the tail.

8. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    whats different about the tails they look very similar? did you like the sashimi?

9. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    lol it does doesnt it

10. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Heard of a guy who got a carbon fiber board. Kept saying it was indestructable, just to show his buddies he threw it on the ground on a sidewalk. Bottom got totally dinged by a bunch of pebbles and the thing was ruined.

11. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
  12. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
  13. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
  14. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    price is outrageous but i would love to have that board for 125$

15. 420

420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    I believe that board might be a collectors item. not sure but definately a great find bro. Congrats. Awesome. I hate to be "that guy" but i dont think i would ride that board. wall mount and enjoy. alot of good shapers have passed through the "lightning bolt" label. If this one is one shaped by one then i would venture to say its collectable. either way great retro board.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  16. 420

420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    hahahaha so true. i would expect to see that board on a used rack or a yard sale for around $50. wtf ever $900

17. cobtaco223

cobtaco223 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    I actually just called that guy today, cause im looking for a shorboard. my shortest board is 6'8, and i want a good shortboard for my first one. He said he would send me the pictures. I live like 45 mins away from him, so ima check that out

18. cobtaco223

cobtaco223 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    that is sexy as ****. Too bad they removed it. damn, i woulda bought that in a second.

19. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Actually, those Terry Fitz-shaped Hot Buttered's are already becoming collector's items. That board is pretty beat and kinda yellow, def not worth the $900-$1200 he's claiming. But def worth a few hundred, and will be appreciating slowly over the next decade.

Those Fitz HB's are magic shapes.