soul surfer

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Hot Karl, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Hot Karl

Hot Karl Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Anyone see the commercials for this AWESOME new surf flick? Looks like the lineups will see an influx of 12 yr old chicks this summer.

2. bananadogpizza

bananadogpizza Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    bethany hamilton is really cute and surfs 1000000000x better than i do and with only one arm. id watch her movie

3. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    i belive the exact same thing. i even read the book for school and the (13)year old girls wanted to surf.. it looks good

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, we will have to see how hollywood spins this. It will either be a fear inducing shark craze like the JAWS effect.

But it is such a damn good story, im excited to watch it. Listening to her after that incident was really inspiring. I think it made all of us think about how we would respond to a situation like that.

I just hope hollywood doesn't butcher the whole point of the story.

5. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    get real guys its for kids.

6. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    well with that said there probably be a huge in crease in 12 ish yearold surfers sor not a kid bellow 12 in the watter b/c of those mean and scary sharks!

7. Stranded in Smithfield

Stranded in Smithfield Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Hate..hate..hate.. Consider this... IF your arm got bitten off by a shark & you were all inspirational and overcame to rip even harder, how many off us would take the cash Hollywood flashed for movie rights? I would! Even if they wouldn't let Mr. T play my role and I had to settle for the ultimate surf poser Matthew Makindagay. I have one arm! Sure I can rip, but my career choices are limited (who wants to watch a movie critic that can only give one thumb up?) I could frugally live in some middle of nowhere surf outpost for years getting my shred on. In fact I would even undo the damage I had originally done with the film by faking/ staging my own death in a second shark attack. Hey kiddies! Who wants to surf now? If they don't kill you the first time they will come back for you... they always do.

8. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    i saw her @ mt.high in wrightwood back in 2004. she's rad :)

9. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I dont know my daugher want to go see it so I might take her. She is at the age where she dont know the differenc between a Surfing movie and a Hollywood Surifng movie. This movie will fall in to the say status as Surfer Dude, North Shore, Back to the Beach.

10. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    exactly my point!!! which is why i'm taking my daughter to see it. she probably wont want to go but she's going!!! Ok, Ok, I'm going to fork out money to see a surfing movie for teenie bop girls. Its a tough job but I have to do it!!:D

matt, surfer dude in no way falls into the category of North Shore!!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  11. 420

420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    oh yes it does. Kook flick!

12. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    yeah it is but its geared for surfers. surfer dude is not!!! its for chicks or hom0's who want to see mathew mgnoahey half naked

13. TheWizard

TheWizard Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    I do bro.
    I do :cool:

14. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    I guess North Shore had Gerry Lopez in it and a bunch of other Pros

Surfer Dude and lots of boobage in it and they messed up a cpl time with the Surf filming what little there was of it

15. slopman

slopman Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    "Back to the Beach" is an awesome movie. One of my all time favs!!!

16. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Any1 ever see. The September session? Most chill surf movie ever..... Kelly , rob machad, and jack Johnson.

17. Citysurf

Citysurf Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Bethany Hamilton

I had the privledge of surfing with Bethany and some of her pro friends(inclding alana blanchard, super smoking and rips) for two weeks in Kauai. It is unreal to watch Bethany surf. With only one arm her paddling is obviously limited. She has to take off super late in the most critical sections. I watched her making ridiculous airdrops into solid overhead Kauai surf. I have the utmost respect for this girl.

Super nice chick who loves to surf and live a clean life.

18. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Point Break II? I'm in. :cool:

19. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    How could you forget "Blue Crush"?

20. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    I am sorry I dont have the complete hollywood surf movie Libary .

Thanks for looking in your vault to prove me wrong:rolleyes: