indo board

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by JERSEYboarder, Apr 10, 2011.

1. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    hey guys. i was wondering if anyone here uses an indo board. if so do you feel it affects your surfing skill? is it worth the money or should i make one, its quite simple. 5inch PVC pipe and board with wood on each end then a lil grip on the pipe.

2. 420

420 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2010
    ive made plenty for friends after purchasing one myself. They work just as well and yes it absolutely helps your surfing. Helps with balance, weight transitioning and footing.

3. SoDelLocal

SoDelLocal Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    not to mention how much fun it is to do on days you're stuck inside

4. staystoked

staystoked Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    yeah i love mine. train your self slowly to balance with your eyes closed on the indo board. i feel like it helps me so much on the days you have off shore wave spray slaming your eyes before take off, and u gota drop in blind.

5. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    I made one a couple months ago during one of those flat spells. I just got some PVC pipe from someone, wrapped it in duct tape and use an old longboard skate deck on it. Its fun and definitely helps with your balance.

6. JERSEYboarder

Jun 30, 2009
    thanks everbody i am def making one now

7. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    yup make your own. pvc and a 1x12 board. Google indo DIY so you can get the indo dimensions. make sure you have blocks underneath to stop you from going to far.

8. JERSEYboarder

Jun 30, 2009
    thats exactly what i was thinking thanks what board dims do you think i was thinking 9or10 in wide and about 2.5ft long

9. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    i've had one for a while and its definitely worth it. there are specific workouts you can do that really strengthen your legs and help your surfing to the point where you notice it in the water. I like to do squats while balancing (i know im a loser), and its also fun to just mess around

10. billabongmoney

billabongmoney Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    i didnt it really think it helped my surfing at all. put it did help me lock down nose manuals on my skateboard and blunt to fakies

11. ripsurfin

ripsurfin Active Member

Mar 26, 2009
    get one! there super fun & they help

12. ND081

ND081 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    it doesnt necessarily help your surfing directly, it just strengthens the same leg muscles you use while surfing. your overall balance also improves from the strengthening