Fantasy Surfer Bells Beach

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by bushwood, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    f*ckin adam robertson....

2. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    yeah ive got him and taj out now, not looking good

3. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    I lost Wilson and Payne. Plus I think I've got two guys going head to head in rd 3. Maintaining 1st place is going to be tricky.:)

4. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    this is garbage.

i lost robertson, taj, knox (thought it would be at bells), and wilson

traded adam melling, got kelly for jordy. faacckkk

5. rustysrfr

rustysrfr Well-Known Member

May 29, 2007
    i feel ya on that, i wanted Robo to take down jordy, even tho jordys on my team. What a heat. I would say best of round 2, beside kerrzy going nutS!

6. rustysrfr

May 29, 2007
    kerr, wright, bede advance rd 2
    mick, parko, muniz and wilko advanced from rd 1
    only lost DP in 2nd

looking to make a big jump in the standings boys!!!

7. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Wow, i only had 2 guys win their round 1 heats (kelly & Parko). and only Owen wright advance out of round 2.

There goes my #2 spot.

8. rustysrfr

May 29, 2007
    It really is amazing how its really anybody's given day, or heat, or wave during this kinda of sporting event. more so than any other sport i would say. This is really the first season i have watched a majority of the events live and i love it.

any predictions for quarter finals??

9. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Adriano's killing it now. its on live now @6:15pm

10. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    I watched most of round 2 yesterday... You guys were saying that wasn't bells? I wasn't listening to the comentary, just watching heats. It was like 3ft overhead and perfect peeling rights? Bells wasn't working? I was under the impression I was watching pretty nice waves at bells. Those rights were fu*((ing money. The goofies were having a tough time though for sure. It looked like they were lacking speed and relying on huge gouges off the top... I didnt see any good backside barrels or really any goofy foot standouts. The wave looked just a tad too fast for the size... I wish Occy were in the event, he would have lined that sh** up right!!!

I thought bobby surfed well taking Taj out, but other than that, the goofies were making us all (goofies) look bad out there.

11. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    Round 2 was held just down the road from Bells at a spot called winkipop. Bells really isn't a high performance wave, especially at high tide (which was the case during R2). Winkipop has been the backup venue for Bells for several years running now, and its really the better wave on most days.

Often times they have ended up running more than half the event at winkipop, it adds a bit of a roll of the dice when picking out fantasy surf team members too, cause you don't know which wave your dudes will be riding or in what heats.

Winkipop looks similar to bells and is a really similar set-up, its just that when bells is fat and mushy, winkipop is usually barelling like a mad-man. Also the name is fun to say.

12. LOSTsoul

LOSTsoul Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Especially fun to say with an Australian accent. Winkipop! :cool:

13. epidemicepic

Feb 21, 2008
    parko wins! the last min of the final was sick

14. xJohnnyUtahX

xJohnnyUtahX Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    The quarter finals to the final was sick

15. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i like how the best wave of the final was one that really didn't matter to the outcome...parko read the conditions better & got the best waves. mick had a few nice moves on his waves, but parko def. won that one...