new forecast page is up

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Swellinfo, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    The new re-design of the forecast pages is now live.

If it is looking weird, make sure to do a hard refresh on your browser to clear out your cache. Or, restart your browser.

Otherwise, let me know if you see any bugs.
    We hope you like the new page layout :cool:

2. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008

lookin good

3. Boogiemonster420

Boogiemonster420 Active Member

Feb 9, 2011
    great stuff, keep up the good work.

4. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    SPlendid, splendid job.

5. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    Wait no Swelllinfo icon! Bring him back!

Other than that it is sweet.

6. ECboarder

ECboarder Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    pretty sweet. only thing is that some of the forums are hidden behind the videos. is that supposed to be like that?

7. ECboarder

ECboarder Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    nevermind. i got it. it looks awesome!

8. lbsurfer

lbsurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    RIP Little Green Men.

9. toes2thenose

toes2thenose Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Do NOT like it, prefer the old method much better.\r\n\r\nWith the old method I could get a visual of several days at once, without having to read any text. Now, not only do I loose a visual indication of the overall quality (other than the maps), I have to mouse click day by day and read text. It\'s much less efficient, and doesn\'t add any new information with the new method. Poor choice IMO.\r\n\r\nAlso have to agree on the Green Man. Swellinfo\'s brand was the little green man. Bad move to get rid of him. \r\n\r\nSo overall, there\'s no advantage to this change at all, and it\'s less informative ( at a quick glance ) than before. The wind info was already there in the past, so it\'s not like you are adding any new info here.\r\n\r\n

10. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    I actually find it much easier to view at a glance then the old page. I honestly just think it may just take a couple days to get used to.

11. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    my iphone hates it. i was forced to pay for the app.

suggestion for app: swell map and forums

12. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    pretty easy to work with on my iPhone... Actually easier to zoom in on the text forecasts. Suggestion noted.

13. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    I was just thinking yesterday about asking when we might see the new page implemented. Looks good, I think I'll like it a lot better than before.

14. tibu35

tibu35 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Very nice!!!!!

15. 2MARG8

2MARG8 Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    I'm having problems in Firefox and IE. Text at the bottom all over the place and no colors on the forcast on the left side. Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks.
    Dean

16. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I really like it makes knowing when and where to go alot easier. Only thing I noticed was the link for the Turtial (spelling wrong) that shows newbs how to read everything is gone. I think it would be good to have kept that cause it might lead way to a million post on what dones this mean on the forcast threads

17. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    i love the new page. i like how it says hieghts not just body measures. i like the am and pm slots too. awesome!!!

18. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Please clear the cache in your browser and restart. That should fix things, but let me know if not...

19. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Your right Matt... I want to redo the tutorial section, and make it much, much better. Thanks for the suggestion.

20. brek

brek Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Like swellinfo said, clear your browser cache and restart the browser. Before I did that, the days just showed up as grey boxes with just the day of the week on them. Once you clear out your cache, they should show up color coded for wind and text with the size of the forecast. Very easy to get a overall picture without reading text, although I actually prefer using the graph for my "quick glance" (and detailed) forecast. I think this update should help with iphones because it provides more detail than it used to in the non-flash sections.

I also miss the green man. Maybe he could be included as a widget above the swell graph indicating current conditions.