close ad [x]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aguadilla

Wildo, Isabela, Jobos surf footage

Typical surf on the Northwest corner of PR, couple local guys

I've been to CR and love the place. Can't wait to go back. The surf is consistent, the people are beautiful, the food is great. But the OP is considering PR. I say go for it... I've been to PR at least 25 times from November to April and have NEVER been skunked. I don't think that's just dumb luck. If you're there for at least a week, and willing to drive around a bit, and willing to get up early to get the morning glass, you can find rideable surf somewhere.

just go str8 to jobos with five of your buddies and tell em control sent ya - yewwwww

the timing for a swell in pr is the same as an east coast swell. when i was surfing 6 to 8ft domes and marias, the same day in rodanthe was 4 to 6 ft my friend said (pretty good swell for here). how often does a swell like that happen here though? i have caught pr really good and surfed some of the best waves of my life. all im saying is that u risk getting skunked, yes it will be at least waist to chest high trade swell on the north coast but its just not worth flying for in my opinion. that coupled with united states' prices on car rentals and hotels and u do the math. central america

I asked this in another Puerto thread but noone got back to me. What are board prices like down there? I need a new shorty anyway and was thinking about just picking one up while im there. Shipping costs are not an issue

bobbyg, i bought a used board there and asked the post office how much to send it home, it was over 200 dollars (more than i paid for the board and what I would pay for round trip board bag). Their new boards there are the same as here pretty much though. Its better however to pick an airline with cheap board bag fees and just buy one there and just take it on the plane with u when u leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Surfing View Post
    Still Gas Chambers and Jobos are super fun heavy waves. Also, there are point and beach breaks with sand right there in the town of Aguadilla and at Crashboat if you are a beginner/intermediate. The reef in Rincon, Marias, and Tres helps the wave height, but my snapped board found it way less forgiving!

Oh and the Capri sun style packs of rum and vodka+juice you can find in the gas stations are the ****. LOL.
    Are you maybe drinking too many Capri run drinks??? First off, putting both Gas Chambers and Jobos in the same sentence and stating both are super fun heavy waves reflects way too much Capri juicers. Next it is about beach breaks for beginner/intermediates in Aguadilla town... ha ha, I Don't Think So. Then moving on to say the waves in Rincón are more powerful because they snapped your board. Well, my friend, one of those "soft" sandy beach breaks in Aguadilla snapped a longboard on a 4' wave back in the late 60s, one of those with double 10oz cloth double wrapped rails and 3 stringers...

Surfers Beach and Jobos would probably be fine for the person asking the question unless it gets too big in which case you can go down to Rincón.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Are you maybe drinking too many Capri run drinks??? First off, putting both Gas Chambers and Jobos in the same sentence and stating both are super fun heavy waves reflects way too much Capri juicers. Next it is about beach breaks for beginner/intermediates in Aguadilla town... ha ha, I Don't Think So. Then moving on to say the waves in Rincón are more powerful because they snapped your board. Well, my friend, one of those "soft" sandy beach breaks in Aguadilla snapped a longboard on a 4' wave back in the late 60s, one of those with double 10oz cloth double wrapped rails and 3 stringers...

Surfers Beach and Jobos would probably be fine for the person asking the question unless it gets too big in which case you can go down to Rincón.
    Rincon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NuUC...eature=related

OP don't worry it isn't always that big. And if it's big in Aguadilla, its going to be big in Rincon. The only time Aguadilla is much bigger is if its flat and there's a windswell farther north than Rincon. But in that case you wouldn't need to go somewhere else anyway because your aren't going to get 15 foot windswell

If you decide to go to PR and want to get a board there check out pelicano surfboards. If you get it ordered 2-3 weeks before you go it will be ready for you, it's a good local shaped board that won't cost nearly as much as a big name board out of a shop there. Board will be about 350-400

houseofthedoggz.com

Sick house was there for a month perfect brake right in front of the house and super close to Rincon... Had an awesome time and sick waves for a month get on it