close ad [x]

Page 108 of 127 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1265
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post

Looks like it belongs in the Bel Mar boardroom filed under "scared crap".
    She's a lovely board to ride and is something of a legend these days.

Scared is what you'd probably be taking off on her though.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Wouldn't mind dropping in on that Thrailkill on a steep left at the Cove.
    Its funny man...I see boards like that and my first thought is the same as yours. Then my second thought is there is no way I would ever drop over the 15 foot ledge on the kind of wave that board is made for. Especially with man eating cliffs and caves sea staring at you.

That's pretty funny. Do you happen to know who setup that exhibit?
    Yeah it's hilarious, the irony wasn't lost in our camp.

Just got done watching that video. That board sure looks like it's pushing a lot of water.

Hasn't the theory already been proven that less rocker + fuller outline (parallel rails) = maximum speed?

You just don't see the fastest boards in the water pushing that much water from the sides of the rails while in straight-line full trim.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post

Just got done watching that video. That board sure looks like it's pushing a lot of water.
    Obviously a poor observation since the board is running almost all of the time on 9 feet of extremely flat rocker... flatter than you'll see on any longboard on this forum.

Hasn't the theory already been proven that less rocker + fuller outline (parallel rails) = maximum speed?
    No it hasn't.

The theory which you are alluding to is totally shonky: truth, half truth and bunkum cobbled together into a unit which if it were a boat, would sink due to all the holes. I've taken the whole thing apart many times. Unfortunately its proponents are generally not that bright so think that theory is merely a matter of keyword parroting.

I can explain in detail if you like.

You just don't see the fastest boards in the water pushing that much water from the sides of the rails while in straight-line full trim.
    You wouldn't know fast if you saw it.

I just noticed that the Thrailkill is the only non-wooden board in that part of the show. They kind of break out wood boards over here, foam over there, best of show in the front row, etc. Man that's French at Agincourt two fingers at ya and all that, I think the surf mafia were trying to send you a message Roy. Luca Brassi sleeps wit da fishes. At least the board's in good company, there's as fine a collection surfboards in that pic as I would ever covet. And I'd bet it's the only board in that pic that ever has or ever will be surfed at Backdoor or OBSF.

Just out of curiosity, what is going on with that repair job? It's not done, is it?
    The structural repair is done, but the rails haven't been shaped in the new part of the board yet.

Brad Tucker has been doing the repair, those are his boards in the background. He's what I believe you'd call in the USA a 'standup guy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    ...and this is a loong surfboard
    Love those l-o-n-g rides. I enjoy your vids.

Thanks very much.

Really?

That's the 2014 Board Room surfboard show in Del Mar, it used to be called 'sacred craft'.

Next to my board is Bill Thrailkill's latest.
    Really? I was referencing the Asian Beetles that no doubt infest your plank, gnome. Jeez if I have to explain...

I've taken the whole thing apart many times. Unfortunately its proponents are generally not that bright so think that theory is merely a matter of keyword parroting.

I can explain in detail if you like.

You wouldn't know fast if you saw it.

....then you're not as whip-smart brilliant as you believe you are, shonky.