Page 86 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1265
  1. #851
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    To be honest I'm the only one who seems to know...

    Ahh.....Eff it. Not worth the time. Time to start the weekend. I'm outta here.

  2. #852
    I'm telling you how it is man, if your delicate sensibilities are an obstacle to learning then so be it... it can't change the facts.

    Rolling under broken waves only works up to a certain undefined size though ( it depends on wave shape and power also). Really big waves can't be rolled but as i said I've rolled successfully countless times at 3 times overhead and sometimes at 4 times overhead. Punching through the lip when paddling up the face can be done in bigger waves though.

    Have a good weekend.


    .
    Last edited by Roy Stuart; Mar 28, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm telling you how it is man, if your delicate sensibilities are an obstacle to learning then so be it... it can't change the facts.

    Rolling under broken waves only works up to a certain undefined size though ( it depends on wave shape and power also). Really big waves can't be rolled but as i said I've rolled successfully countless times at 3 times overhead and sometimes at 4 times overhead. Punching through the lip when paddling up the face can be done in bigger waves though.

    Have a good weekend.


    .
    sorry but f**k sakes dude....... rolling under a 25 foot wave? give me a fuggin break. never saw that anywhere. if it were really possible wouldn't you see it employed at a spot like Waimea? most footage I see is of guys standing on there boards and diving off to get as deep as possible.

    never really followed your threads and made an opinion of you, but the bulls**t meter just broke.

  4. #854
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    sorry but f**k sakes dude....... rolling under a 25 foot wave? give me a fuggin break. never saw that anywhere. if it were really possible wouldn't you see it employed at a spot like Waimea? most footage I see is of guys standing on there boards and diving off to get as deep as possible.

    never really followed your threads and made an opinion of you, but the bulls**t meter just broke.
    I'm talking about 18 to 24 foot wave faces, which many would call 10 to 12 foot waves.

    Most of the boards used at places like waimea are too buoyant and light to allow rolling, and what they call 25 feet at waimea is much bigger than the waves which i am referring to.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm talking about 18 to 24 foot wave faces, which many would call 10 to 12 foot waves.

    Most of the boards used at places like waimea are too buoyant and light to allow rolling, and what they call 25 feet at waimea is much bigger than the waves which i am referring to.
    c'mon man lets not get into the debate of measuring wave size. watching vids of Waimea on an average swell clearly shows 18 - 25 faces and guys bailing boards left and right. as far as the weight of their boards, how do you know what they weigh?

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm talking about 18 to 24 foot wave faces, which many would call 10 to 12 foot waves.

    Most of the boards used at places like waimea are too buoyant and light to allow rolling, and what they call 25 feet at waimea is much bigger than the waves which i am referring to.
    fyi 25 foot Waimea would be considered an Eddie swell and that shyt hasn't happened in years.

  7. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Best not to grab the nose. or twist the board.

    What happens when trying to drag the nose down is that unless you have negative buoyancy all you'll do is pull your body up... typically then the wave will get under the nose and flip you and the board you'll then cartwheel... that's the worst possible result..
    I didn't know you were there.

  8. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    fyi 25 foot Waimea would be considered an Eddie swell and that shyt hasn't happened in years.
    Yes exactly.

    I'm not suggesting rolling under waves that large, plus there's a major increase in power with those long period swells coming out of deep water... ability to roll under depends on grip strength as well as technique so when one reaches the limit that's pretty much it.

  9. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    c'mon man lets not get into the debate of measuring wave size. watching vids of Waimea on an average swell clearly shows 18 - 25 faces and guys bailing boards left and right. as far as the weight of their boards, how do you know what they weigh?
    I see people bailing their boards at double overhead and less, it doesn't mean much.

    18 to 25 foot faces at Waimea are probably at least 50 percent more powerful than the waves i've rolled under at the same size, so I doubt if I'd be able to roll them.

  10. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Ok here's how it was: High 'King' tide, so no good at Indicators at that small size... ok for Manu Bay but there was a club contest on, so it was really the only option and it worked out well because the onshore came up early and the inside at whale Bay was more sheltered.

    It's actually an interesting spot there at high tide, as it breaks right on the rocks.

    Anyway from the same session:

    I want the 4 minutes of my life back that you just stole.

    OK, ok, you got me: it was really only 20 seconds. And are you wearing silver sandals & painting your toenails again, gnome?