Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jacksonville Beaches

Anybody have experiences with this area. Looking at a possible move down that way and need intel.

Paging KahunaKai!

some decent surf there, at least when i pass thru. I've never been there though when Jax got the better of the waves during a 'cane, but they do manage to get more of the aftermath after a swell passes thru. obv Mayport Poles are what ppl harp on. gonna be living w a kid who lived, surfed Jax for a while in about a month, and he was saying that Jax beaches are starting to get a bit classier as far as the area

Currently live in Jax beach - its a great area to live - a vacation area without tourists. The surf is ok - generally better in the winter and as Unfurl mentioned there are a few spots better then others, but better to have some waves than none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Anybody have experiences with this area. Looking at a possible move down that way and need intel.
    Yes i need advise please as well is there as much surf and where to live in jax i like the poles but it is a park/military base, so i am in atlantic neptune, or what about st. Augustine? How is it vs. Central/melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    Yes i need advise please as well is there as much surf and where to live in jax i like the poles but it is a park/military base, so i am in atlantic neptune, or what about st. Augustine? How is it vs. Central/melbourne?
    Not as consistent up there, they get it good, but not as often.

We hit up St Augustine when we go to the EC, theres a pretty good area north of the inlet and/or just south of S.A.beach that maybe just by chance, but have not been skunked yet. I keep telling the wife that's where I want to go after the boys are out of the house, I like the area and vibe. But as jbeach said, jax is less tourists.

Just go to these sites, pics are updated everyday:

911surfreport.com

voidlive.com

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrol321 View Post
    Not as consistent up there, they get it good, but not as often.
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
    No prob, if you're looking for year round consistency, the window would be from Ponce Inlet to Sebastian Inlet, and anywhere in between.