Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: Post your rides

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Gracias senor

    FJ is a great rig; very happy with it.
    And Toyota engines are fairly bullet proof. I cannot say the same for Subaru engines.

  2. #72
    Have zero experience with SUB motors. Agree with you on the TOY engine. Had a real old Landcruiser in the 90's, then Sequoia, now FJ. On all 3 rigs, the list of stuff that broke, aside from exploding tires, was surprisingly small:
    thermostat - Landcruiser
    fuel pump - Sequoia
    alternator - FJ

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Have zero experience with SUB motors. Agree with you on the TOY engine. Had a real old Landcruiser in the 90's, then Sequoia, now FJ. On all 3 rigs, the list of stuff that broke, aside from exploding tires, was surprisingly small:
    thermostat - Landcruiser
    fuel pump - Sequoia
    alternator - FJ
    I am also looking at used Landcruisers for towing/surfing vehicle. I found a really nice one locally that looks like a 2000. It will probably be gone when I am ready to buy. Speaking of Toyota, I was also discussing buying a MR2 for a DD after the Suby is gone. I will have a few options, as the resale value for STI's is rather high.

    Something like this:

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    4,893
    same with the jeep I6. 256k miles and still running strong.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I am also looking at used Landcruisers for towing/surfing vehicle. I found a really nice one locally that looks like a 2000. It will probably be gone when I am ready to buy. Speaking of Toyota, I was also discussing buying a MR2 for a DD after the Suby is gone. I will have a few options, as the resale value for STI's is rather high.

    Something like this:
    That's a nice ride.

  6. #76


    my old gti I sold a few years ago - 24v vr6 6 spd - I miss her







    I sold it and had a 2001 TJ Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Lifted with 33's. It was great offroad but the ride-quality and on longer rides was less bearable than the gti slammed on coilovers (mpg was offensive too). I sold the jeep to get a 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 2.slow which has turned out to be comfy, decent on fuel, and a great vehicle to carry 4 boards and gear + 3 passengers, and my bike on a bike rack too.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    And Toyota engines are fairly bullet proof.
    I've only owned Toyotas and Hondas and I agree. Honda engines will last forever, their transmissions on the other hand...

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by hinmo24t View Post


    my old gti I sold a few years ago - 24v vr6 6 spd - I miss her







    I sold it and had a 2001 TJ Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Lifted with 33's. It was great offroad but the ride-quality and on longer rides was less bearable than the gti slammed on coilovers (mpg was offensive too). I sold the jeep to get a 2003 VW Jetta Wagon 2.slow which has turned out to be comfy, decent on fuel, and a great vehicle to carry 4 boards and gear + 3 passengers, and my bike on a bike rack too.
    Those GTI's are a blast to drive. I looked at the Golf R a while back. Very nice but expensive.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Island , FL
    Posts
    392
    2.jpg4.jpg1.jpg3.jpg1991 Stang convertible with vortech blower & 1998 pathfinder in the front and 2003 hydrasports 212, 17 aquasport and yamaha waverunner in the back of the house. Yeah I need 2 fishing boats.
    Last edited by StuckontheGulf; Sep 18, 2013 at 01:54 PM.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    2,148
    my old gti I sold a few years ago - 24v vr6 6 spd - I miss her

    I've got an 84 Rabbit convertible. Last year of the German made Rabbits. 8 Valve, GTI drive Train. Talk about bullet proof! Bought it for $200, put in a 300 dollar tranny and all new suspension 12 years ago. It's was my son's car, then my daughter's car and now it's my summer rat ride. Car I wish I never Sold? 1978 Trans Am Bandit. All the cool kids had one when I was a freshman in High School! Bought it when I was 40. Sold it and Bought a Corvette... WORST car I ever owned...