close ad [x]

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks cep, I just started my day with a laugh. You're good at that brah.

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    I didn't want to jinx it, but the discussion topics have been awesome, in my opinion.
    I opened up the forum, this morning, and saw 20 open threads talking about surfing.
    Thanks everyone for hanging in there.
    I dunno. It's gotten so B-O-R-I-N-G. I used to feel likeI was in a locker room with really funny surfers talking trash with occasional good advice. Now, it's like reading a how to book. Yeah, it needed a bit reining in. But this is like using a buzz saw when manicure clippers woulda done just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Glad you guys think so. You can have it. Multiple threads about board design, more than one about colleges near waves, the only thread for me slightly worth reading today was the Nica related one. But for the most part, incredibly boring. CB's banner joke was the only comical post from what I've read, and as strange as it may sound, I personally don't mind having a good laugh while at work. Also I've noticed the read count seems lower, but I could be wrong, I'm not a numbers guy. For the most part, I've been lurking the erBB. I guess at least the NFL thread hasn't been bumped YET.

42, you're clearly Simod4. You got what you wanted, and you're still complaining about the hashtags? You can't have everything your way buddy.

Micah, hat's off to you on your forecasting abilities, especially for those of us here on the East Coast. That's what originally brought me to this site, and that's what I'll continue to check it for.

Godspeed Fellers.
    Incredibly boring is indeed what this place has become. Agree with The Seen & MIS.

some people must have thought different. maybe the people dominating this forum for the past several months aren't the only ones out there. maybe some people found this forum boring or stupid this past year. maybe the radical front is now the old norm crying. maybe there are some like 42 who are the new radicals unafraid of the self-important royalty. maybe someone took away your toy.

Images
    Does this thread come with a box of tissues?

I haven't been on the forum in a few months but it's funny to check it and see that the same people are still posting every day. Mainly guys from the southeast up to the northeast. I've been living in California for a month now and have only missed two days of surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    You mad bro? Why the insults? Be careful, that might be an infraction point.
    mad? not at all (not that you'll believe that...you'll go on telling yourself how mad i am & how i'm crying over my keyboard...convinced that i'm simod4 or whomever). i've certainly been sick & tired of not being able to have a surf-related discussion on here w/out hashtags & douchebaggery getting involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Does this thread come with a box of tissues?
    Yo Doug, your new avatar is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbreak View Post
    some people must have thought different. maybe the people dominating this forum for the past several months aren't the only ones out there. maybe some people found this forum boring or stupid this past year. maybe the radical front is now the old norm crying. maybe there are some like 42 who are the new radicals unafraid of the self-important royalty. maybe someone took away your toy.
    Paging Bitter Party of One.....Bitter Party of One.....yah, beakbreaker I recall you pretty well. You're th nasty, bitterness brigadoon who got owned 8 ways from Sunday, many moons ago, by some of those "royalty" that you now malign. Owned so completely & severely that you retreated to your forest to commiserate with th other hobbits & dwarfs from Maine & New Zealand.

Repetitive threads on wetsuits, or Surftech boards, or where to stay on a first trip to Costa Rica..... the Forum is made so much better by these 'surfing' posts every few months. Notice how those new & exciting threads croak of their own dead weight after just a few posts? Someone else made that point better than I could.
    It adds up to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Paging Bitter Party of One.....Bitter Party of One.....yah, beakbreaker I recall you pretty well. You're th nasty, bitterness brigadoon who got owned 8 ways from Sunday, many moons ago, by some of those "royalty" that you now malign. Owned so completely & severely that you retreated to your forest to commiserate with th other hobbits & dwarfs from Maine & New Zealand.

Repetitive threads on wetsuits, or Surftech boards, or where to stay on a first trip to Costa Rica..... the Forum is made so much better by these 'surfing' posts every few months. Notice how those new & exciting threads croak of their own dead weight after just a few posts? Someone else made that point better than I could.
    It adds up to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Yankee...I dont think I'm seeing the same thing you are...a lot of the threads on the front page have multiple pages doesn't seem like a majority of them are losing steam. As well, those that do...well that's the nature of a forum.

Further, I've lurked on this board since '07 it's changed in different ways over the years...this seems like another one of those times it changed...it's not what it was a month ago...based on the SI_admin statement he is stoked on the current state---which I assume means that he prefers it this way and means it'll probably stay that way (in light of how heavy handed the mods have been).

That being said, probably half of the posts (including your own) are bemoaning the fact that the forum is boring, too regulated, etc. All this to say, why stay? Why keep posting? I don't get it...I ask this in all seriousness...not trying to bait ya just very curious...