Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thoughts on this winter

So over the summer there was a lot of talk about the summer flatness, lots of excitement for hurricane season. When we got skunked on the hurricane season there was a lot of excitement for the winter. I personally had a great summer and fall, surfed a lot even though there were not many big days.

This winter has been pretty intense at times. Also pretty frustrating at times. I feel like its either been waist high at best or head high/slightly over head. Obviously the big days are welcomed but I find myself craving a nice mellow glassy chest high day. Its been really cold too, the majority of my surfing has been done with snow about. I had two days where I came out of the water with ice cubes in my beard. I was pleased with the summer, the fall, and I am pleased with this winter. I cant complain as long as I am surfing. What's everyone elses thoughts on this winter? Has it made up for the summer/fall we had or has it been a bust?

Images
    Last January was the worst that I can remember. This one, even with the extreme cold has been much better. December was pretty good too and I surfed a lot. It will be interesting if it continues through February and March.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    This winter has been pretty intense at times. What's everyone elses thoughts on this winter? Has it made up for the summer/fall we had or has it been a bust?
    Winter. It's been cold. Ayuh. Cold.

IDK I think better winter Although it's probably because I'm more dedicated this year and definitely more tuned in . Maybe it's just perspective , Kinda like our moderator who keeps deleting posts . So yeah it's been cold but once your paddling for that wave your not much thinking about the cold or you wouldn't keep heading out.

Red face february can be a good month

in 08' the beach wow-wow-weeeeee pumped from the south for the majority
    of the month….fingers crossed it happens again.

Images
    its cold.

at least there has been waves.

#saltlife
    #belmarlife

Images
    Consistent waves, but stupidly cold in my area.
    I've had a hamstring pull, so I haven't surfed since December

Lots of fun in RI this winter but painfully cold

I'm in 40 degree water wit a 4-3mm but its worth the feeling of being in the water with snow collecting on the brim of your hood+ there is way less kooks out

It started out great, but January has been awful down here in SC. Cold and flat or cold and blown out.