Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    it was fun this AM in MoCo NJ. a lot of waves to be had. i guess everyone was surfed-out from yesterday? slackers.

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    My evening session restored my faith in surfing. Fun showing Jr. that dad still has it. Found a beach going off and it was just me and my oldest son. What a blast.
    that sounds friggen magical, man. seriously. good for you. I don't use the word magical lightly. sometimes I use it to describe my genitalia, etc, but that's pretty rare. i hope my son takes to surfing like I did.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    It was similar for me on LI this morning. Solid chest high, clean, really fun fast waves. I paddle out about a half hour before official sunrise, right when the sky starts to lighten up enough to see. Just me and a buddy on this one peak, as the crowd came they all congregated in two spots. Our peak got no more then 6 guys on it at one time. All cool guys too. I was really quite surprised at how much size was still left out there. Cloud freaking 9
    Same thing this morning in south moco!

Just me and a buddy sharing waves for a good hour before work.... Peeling all the way to the beach! Great few days of surf!! Thank God!!

Images
    Btw- thanks again for posting pics Ryan!! Always great to see!!

Surprised with the negativity from some. Got out Tuesday night in North NJ and NY Weds... 6-8 PM Tuesday was really fun and Weds was great. Not as big as Arthur, but I'm cool with 12 really good hrs. in the water instead of 2 great.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    Seriously?

Where I surfed this morning was head hi easy with some OH sets.... Pretty much all day...

Belmar was going off bro! 23ft
    Hah. Yeah I live by sandy hook and it just wasn't hitting sb and Mb in the time I had. Only time i could get out (530-830am). If i had more time would have driven to LA, AP, or Spring Lake. Buddies said as soon as they passed long branch it was good and fun. Hence...bit of a bummer...for me.

Yeah last two days were great south of LB. Crowds sucked tues. I hit it early then when the masses blanketed my spot I found something low key and out of sight with no parking nearby. With a 12 sec period and light and variable winds 10kt or less who can complain. I think a lot of people aren't used to real ground swell and assume since they don't see waves breaking right when they arrive at the beach its flat.

traffic jam

Left the board in the car and bodysurfed before dark.

Been a fun few days of surf: https://vimeo.com/102795589

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRicky View Post
    "Glad you had fun but after surfing for 3 decades, overcrowded closeouts don't do it for me. Whatever works for you. Some people love surfing in the Summer and thats the only time they get out."
    Maybe 3 decades is too long and you sound cranky and should probably give it up, I hear golf is relaxing. Boohoo its closing out and too many people hahaha you sound like a little baby. Question why do NJ surfers complain so much? We don't get the best waves but why not be happy with what we get rather than always complaining? Also I surf all year.
    this nj surfer thinks little ricky is funny.

also hope its flat today. my thigh muscles haven't hurt this much since chicama...