close ad [x]

Page 753 of 756 FirstFirst ... 253653703743751752753754755 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 7559
  1. Was toasty in 5mm boots and gloves. Took hood down inbetween waves and no ice cream headaches yet. So that was nice.

Images
    Yesterday was fun. Best/bigger closer to the higher tide. Went 7am to 8am then 11am to 2pm.

Pretty good chest-ish high sets yesterday. Was out for 3 hours. In a 4/3, but made the mistake of no gloves, which got a laugh out of my friend when I was shivering. He had his and asked me if I wanted to get mine before we left. I told him I think I was good! Probably a mistake.

No hood for me.... yet. I have a pretty good feeling that I’ll be needing it next time though!

it was a chop show yesterday, but i called out sick and was feeling aight after i left the office - go figure. going out at mid to hi tide seem to be the only time to get after it. nobody out there prob for good reason, took on some waist hi pockets with a small current and moments of providing a seawall to line down. went back to the house to switch up to a smaller board from the 7'2" i brought which worked well, but a couple hours out there made me rethink and i called it a day

I went to the beach stoked for a waist - chest glass session but when I got to the beach it was struggling to break in the knee - waist range, and I didn’t have my LB with me, so I pulled another Barry and went home. That’s two days in a row now. Tomorrow better produce!

Quote Originally Posted by UnfurleD View Post
    it was a chop show yesterday, but i called out sick and was feeling aight after i left the office - go figure. going out at mid to hi tide seem to be the only time to get after it. nobody out there prob for good reason, took on some waist hi pockets with a small current and moments of providing a seawall to line down. went back to the house to switch up to a smaller board from the 7'2" i brought which worked well, but a couple hours out there made me rethink and i called it a day
    It was definitely a little bit choppy for me on Wednesday, but still doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    So, I did get out this AM--waves 5-6 footers (head high larger ones), water 47*F, Air 52*F, offshore winds.
    Actually had some nice rides; one nice large late drop, bottom turned it and went shooting out to the shoulder for a nice long left. Made my day.
    I was still in my 4/3 with boots ,gloves and hood, but the offshores from the WNW did cut me a chill. Next session I move up to my 5/4--it is a nice Ripcurl, but it still is a wetsuit. boo!
    Keep charging, young man!

After work sesh at Dam Neck yesterday until evening colors played. Air temp 49, water 54. Nothing notable - only a handful of rides - but always better than not paddling out.

Sunday might be the first 'chance' to walk through a bit of snow to paddle out up here. Meh.

Did back to back sessions as Second Beach. Man alive but I have completely forgotten how to surf.

Weds wasn't too bad in the 4/3, but I was pretty cold after 3 hours; it took me a couple of hours to warm back up when I got home. Surf was solid, clean, and really good, but I just could not seem to catch a wave, and when I did catch them, I simply couldn't get to my feet quickly enough. Mostly I'm just out of shape, but part of it was also adjusting to all that rubber, probably needed a thicker board, and just out of practice.

Yesterday wasn't too much better, although it was smaller. It's amazing how crowded a lineup can get once one or two SUP'ers paddle out.