close ad [x]

Page 515 of 756 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 7559
    Quote Originally Posted by NJsurfer30 View Post
    Paddled out extremely briefly right before dark in central Monmouth yesterday... bigger and less organized than it looked from the beach, and the current was trying to push me into a jetty. Got out with maybe 20 minutes of light left, realized I didn't have enough time to really get my bearings or get it figured out, and was kinda getting a bad feeling about being out there solo so close to dark. Caught a smaller sloppy wave to get halfway in and then fought the rips for 5-10 minutes to make it back to land (strong rip right next to the jetty that the current was pushing me hard into, felt like I was on a treadmill). Was hoping to bank a decent ride or two last night in case it goes to sh!t by the time I get out of work today, but in hindsight should've just stayed dry.
    Winter time, alone, just before dark, is always a weird feeling. I feel happy just to get my feet back on the sand at the end of the session.

Images
    Nothing but lefts on the Delmarva yesterday. Got out in the afternoon for a nice long session, that would have been longer but my hands were getting cold in 3mm. gloves. Being goofy foot = so much fun in long rolling lefts. Got out a shot a few with numb fingers at around 6 p.m. Gotta love bright sun at 6 p.m. Did someone say first day of Spring!

rolling in from the upstate this morning to see the occ waist, long lines. Got in for 30, but minor chop a handful of waves. got to carve out a wall nicely on the LB. hi tide at 2 so not sure if it'll linger well after work. keeping my eyes out all week, supposedly the wind chop will decide things

I got out this morning. It was waaaaaayyyy smaller than predicted. But it was still fun until the stinkin tide came in and made it all mushy-like. I couldn't shake the cold for some reason either even though it was mild compared to recent days.
    Anyone do OCNJ this morning? CJ?

NoMoCo was doin' it. Got a bunch of waves the first hour of my session, then for some weird reason I started getting calf cramps. For the next hour every wave was a new experience in pain.

Images
    SoMoCo was a blast too. Solid chest to head high sets where I was. Clean lines. Minimal wind. Just my buddy and I shared the line up. He had a log and I had my new Roberts Dreamcatcher. Perfect day to take it out. Caught a 75-100 yarder. Stoked.

Was out yesterday in OC. Head to overhead scraps. Forecast was a big let down for sure. I hope we get some clean big swell in the mix again soon. Friend's mom got one pic of me out there. Nothing special...

IMG_0140.jpg

Looks like I missed out on a really good day in Jersey, huh? Lame.

What really sucks is this was a day where I only had to work for 3 or 4 hours, but I had to hang out up there for an obligation that I had tonight. So I couldn't make plans to come back all the way down to Monmouth County to surf for a little bit and then drive all the way back up north.

Sucks!

I got a session in NO OC and SO MOCO. Pretty fun in both spots.

OC had enough size and push to get a feel for a "new to me" Coil Chopstick I picked up last month. Seems likenits going to be a really fun board.

I had a fun sunset session yesterday after work. I took my newly repaired 6'10" WRV FunFish out for a spin for the first time in a few years. Waves were chest / shoulder high and building, semi-clean with a light onshore breeze. The smaller ones were mushy and crumbly but the sets had power and form. It took me a couple waves to get use to the boart againe. It felt stiff on turns. It's 6 inches longer than my Coil FBF, and 10 inches longer than my M-80.

On my 3rd wave I got a solid set wave, it lined up perfectly, I went backside, I made sure to get all the way back on the tail this time, which resulted in my bottom turn having more power and I went vertical for a roundhouse snap with a fan of spray, a move I wasn't pulling off when I got this boart over 12 years ago, but I knew it was something I was "capable" of. It's nice being able to go back in time on this boart, I think I'll ride it every now and then but it reminded me why I got these Coils, which are much better boarts.

Fun perfectly shaped chest high lefts in central Monmouth late afternoon/early evening yesterday. Bit of a wait between sets and seemed like more paddling than expected after each ride due to currents/rips (aren't rips supposed to make paddling back out easier? felt like I was on a treadmill in certain spots though...), but no complaints at all. Nothing epic but a very enjoyable session.