Page 3 of 573 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    what you got was enough.
    who else has been surfing lately?
    Any body get a afternoon session in today?

Afternoon sesh was fun, waist with an occasional chest high wave. Dropping tide but still got some great rides. Winds look weird for tomorrow but maybe Sunday?

nice. at least someone got some waves this afternoon. around here the winds will be calmer to morrow but who knows?
    sounds like a lot of long boarding going on up and down the east coast lately.
    should get a little more beefy up here early next week. I might be needing to take the "no fooling around" vehicle.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Caught some real clean conditions at a wave I don't always frequent on saturday. Rights were the order of the day, and I got about 5 in particualr that were really really long rides.

One I got real far ahead on the shoulder, cut back to the pocket, little cover up, back onto the shoulder, smashed the end closeout section with a real clean roll.

Attachment 14238
    Damn, checked it out.... Saw your truck and hid then drove away. No bs.

Ended up at point

Heading out tommorow and i can't wait!!!

Hey man your on LI right? I'm pretty sure we surf in the same area. Not asking you to name any spots but just saying.

Waves were good the past two days. I had allot of fun on the LB yesterday. For a thigh high wave it was freaking fantastic. Like you said just peeling for days. It was the first time I rode the LB in a few months (I usually LB quite a bit) and it felt really refreshing. Today was a bit bigger around stomach high. Pushing chest on some but not quite.

Today though I rode a new board. Monday I picked up a 6'6 Campbell Brothers bonzer from a super awesome guy on these forums. Thank you again. So it's a big wave board but Iv been waiting to try a bonzer for years. There were waves, I had to try it out. I was pumped to try the bonzer but to be honest I wasn't expecting to much considering the waves. I had a freaking blast. So much speed. All day Iv just been day dreaming about the speed I'd get in the bigger waves it's intended for. I'm so amped. I'm sold on the bonzer, now it's a must I get one more suited for our average waves. I could go on and on about the board but my point is the past two days have been waaaaaay funner than expected. And tomorrow's looking fun too. If your paddling out tomorrow enjoy!

im in key west right now

so no surf for me.

Check it today , looked like 6 sec. poop. Still jonesen to try the new stick.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    yessir, total weightlessness, and a temporary lapse of time...kinda felt like everything paused after I punched my board through the lip, like halfway through the roll. Thought I lost it and was gonna fade off the back too but I landed on the whitewater.

I'm usually on a steeper/faster wave, so it was a real treat to slow it down a tad and play with the wave more, and just watching it form, having to cut back to the pocket, and juyst watch it reform.
    Did your flips bust out the top...did your own snowbal push you back into the white washi of that frothy glory..
    Stoked for all youz...
    Hopefully I get some this weekend when I'm no longer a slave to the hourly wage....
    Last edited by JawnDoeski; Jan 14, 2015 at 11:21 PM. Reason: I work and drink a lot

Images
    I haven't been out since the waves where good last- like 2 weekends ago... With the daylight/work issue in the winter, I save up the days for when the waves are really good...

Seems like since thanksgiving the wave consistency has dropped.

Itching to go once the waves are good. There was a little size today so maybe if the wind is offshore- tomorrow??