close ad [x]

Page 492 of 723 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 7223
    had a great session at WB last night. after the tide switched it only got better until dark. super stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Awesome photos, thanks for keeping the stoke alive, Mitchell!
    Always look forward to your photos
    Thanks Mitchell

We got another little pulse from that long period system Mitchell gave us all a heads up on. Yesterday it wasn't really working but today was a solid waist high with an occasional chest high peak on the outside every 10-15 minutes or so. I rode the LB and caught many fun rides, almost all the way the shore until it got deep on the inside and fizzled out. These had good form on the peak but the shoulders were a bit soft and crumbly, making the LB the right call.

Mitchell, your pics are good stuff & always make my day - - thx for posting them, mang.

DP, your reports also make my day - - gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by trevolution View Post
    U make it out here ill point you in the right direction
    How about an update Trev??

You may be in for a big surprise upon your return..

oregonor.jpg

Hope you are getting the waves you seek

6. I had three surf this week the first were at Sandy Beach and Pools in Puerto Rico. I am 49 and have only been surfing just a handful of times per year for at least the last 10 years.Sandy Beach was four to five feet and that was my first surf in 6 months. Needless to say it took the second session to really get my feet back and surf adequately. It felt bad being a decent surfer to be schooled by a 25 year old kid out there, but I did have to keep things in perspective.Flew home on Tuesday said I'm going to surf this winter went and bought a wetsuit. Went out on Wednesday for my first mid-February surf the same 10 or 15 years. I had a blast was quite warm and caught a few on the longboard I am stoked to be stoked again I will surf a lot with my daughter this year.

Good on ya, Darryl. I was in your boat not too long ago. The stoke never dies. It didn't take long to get my surfing legs back. Just keep at it, enjoy the ride dude.

I went out with my crew this morning. We were greeted by waist high, some shoulder high, semi clean waves with only about a dozen dudes on it. You gotta love bright sunny Florida mornings with zero breeze and 72 F water.

It was harder to paddle out than it looked, and I kept getting pushed back to the shore, but even that's fun if you're patient and stay in the moment. The water was alive with blue fish or jack and a few spinner sharks for entertainment.

Finally, there was a good lull and I made it out to the lineup. This waist high came right to me and the drop felt great. As some of the older dudes here will appreciate, the body can be such a traitor, and it ****ed me over, so I ended up pitched off the side of the board. That ended the sesh. But I still have that magical feeling of the drop to carry me through until tomorrow mornings surf adventure.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kidde rocque View Post
    Good on ya, Darryl. I was in your boat not too long ago. The stoke never dies. It didn't take long to get my surfing legs back. Just keep at it, enjoy the ride dude.
    Thank you!

This morning was so damn fun! Clean, light offshore wind, solid and consistent waist high with sets up to chest high and just peeling for days. I've been having fun on the LB lately so I rode it againe today. I was able to pull out all the tricks today with long clean lines and wide open shoulders. Mostly lefts but some rights mixed in here and there.

I must have caught about 50 waves in 2hrs, no sh*t. It was non stop. Water felt great. I felt like I was in tune with the ocean and was clicking on all cylinders. By the end of the session I felt fulfilled and at peace. Not the biggest waves, but I had the place to myself and I was able to gorge myself till I was more than full.