Page 516 of 615 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6149
    Looks like I missed out on a really good day in Jersey, huh? Lame.

What really sucks is this was a day where I only had to work for 3 or 4 hours, but I had to hang out up there for an obligation that I had tonight. So I couldn't make plans to come back all the way down to Monmouth County to surf for a little bit and then drive all the way back up north.

Sucks!

I got a session in NO OC and SO MOCO. Pretty fun in both spots.

OC had enough size and push to get a feel for a "new to me" Coil Chopstick I picked up last month. Seems likenits going to be a really fun board.

I had a fun sunset session yesterday after work. I took my newly repaired 6'10" WRV FunFish out for a spin for the first time in a few years. Waves were chest / shoulder high and building, semi-clean with a light onshore breeze. The smaller ones were mushy and crumbly but the sets had power and form. It took me a couple waves to get use to the boart againe. It felt stiff on turns. It's 6 inches longer than my Coil FBF, and 10 inches longer than my M-80.

On my 3rd wave I got a solid set wave, it lined up perfectly, I went backside, I made sure to get all the way back on the tail this time, which resulted in my bottom turn having more power and I went vertical for a roundhouse snap with a fan of spray, a move I wasn't pulling off when I got this boart over 12 years ago, but I knew it was something I was "capable" of. It's nice being able to go back in time on this boart, I think I'll ride it every now and then but it reminded me why I got these Coils, which are much better boarts.

Fun perfectly shaped chest high lefts in central Monmouth late afternoon/early evening yesterday. Bit of a wait between sets and seemed like more paddling than expected after each ride due to currents/rips (aren't rips supposed to make paddling back out easier? felt like I was on a treadmill in certain spots though...), but no complaints at all. Nothing epic but a very enjoyable session.

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO, I got out yesterday! First time in over a month! Not the best conditions, but still had fun. Water didn't feel too bad, the sun was out. Took me a minute to get my legs back, but it was a fun session.

Had a nice 2 hour session this morning. Glassy waist high with a few chests, water temp 40, air 35. Prettty tame for this time of year. Was on my G&S Magic which is my all-time favorite board.
    Oh....and I was the only one out at my chosen location.

I usually go for my Dumpster Diver, but yesterday I pulled out the quad V3. I forgot how much I like that board.

Surfed 4 days last week, then Monday. Monday was choice. Small-ish, but super clean with great shape and occasional HH sets. Lots of dudes checking it from the rocks, but nobody paddled out. Their loss. Got a sick barrel right in the middle of the beach when I was paddling back to the south to end the session.

Today is rainy and blown. Didn't have time to surf anyway.

Tomorrow

I went again yesterday. It was better than I thought. Mostly knee/thigh glass, but if you were patient, there were some nice waist high to be had on the new 7 foot hybrid. Felt much warmer.