Page 660 of 664 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 6638
    Went to RI early. It was foggy and kind of choppy but still fun. Seemed a bit crowded at first but then the real crowds showed up around 10. It got to the point where if you were on the outside you had to preplan how to get around the mob of short boarders on the inside. That is the point where I left 'cause that sucks.

So, so much seaweed again but still a good morning.

This am...stomach high sets...seems to be the norm this summer...nothing great but surfable small stuff, and at times, fun. Havent used the shortboard for what seems like forever...maybe Wednesday am.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    This am...stomach high sets...seems to be the norm this summer...nothing great but surfable small stuff, and at times, fun. Havent used the shortboard for what seems like forever...maybe Wednesday am.
    I opted to go fishing instead. Chesapeake was a little rough today and we got skunked. No surf, no fish. Oh well, still a nice day!

Found some fun waves in Jersey today. Better than anticipated. Time to drink some beers and watch the Tahiti Pro. Stoked!

Yeah Wavestrom, this swell was no secret.

I checked the cams and First Beach looked completely zoo'd out. So I made a tactical decision to hit a local reef thinking it just might be big enough to break.

Got there, and this isn't a hugely well-known spot, and there's 8 dudes on longboards on the main peak. On this kind of swell, two people is kind of max. So I went to a different part of the reef that wasn't as good, but then again, I was the only one on it. Since I was riding my fish, it seemed the prudent move.

I didn't catch a lot of waves, but I got two real zippers, just walling up about waist high in about 18" of water. What the heck, it was a nice day and I got a few waves.

I know Second Beach was probably really good, but there was just no way I was dealing with that crap.

I know exactly what you mean about the 10am crowd. It gets to the point that there simply isn't a line anywhere, between the surfers and bathers clogging every square foot of water the length of the surfing area.

Double post.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    This am...stomach high sets...seems to be the norm this summer...nothing great but surfable small stuff, and at times, fun.
    Same where i was, a ways north of you. This tropical system is flaring up, and looks to produce some surf with more size tuesday into wednesday.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Belmar View Post
    #liners
    Wow, jersey before dark was really really good- it built to solid chest high peeling all the way to the beach!

Looked much better then the morning or mid day, although I only checked it and didn't surf.

Funny thing was- when I paddled out I thought it was gonna be waist hi at best, took out the ol 9'10 pig - was surprised to see it at consistent chest high! The funny thing was that I thought to myself: wow look at these "liners" coming through! Haha

Possibly the best (for me) waves of the summer so far (tonight, not afternoon)

No surfing today, but did spend a few hours at the beach, mostly in the water. What really made me laugh was that there were literally about 50 people ''surfing'' at the inlet in Manasquan today. If this was a weekday after Labor Day, there would have been maybe 4 or 5 people in the water on borts. If this was a weekend from late September onward, there would have been no more than 5 borts in the water, with the mediocre conditions today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Belmar View Post
    Wow, jersey before dark was really really good- it built to solid chest high peeling all the way to the beach!

Looked much better then the morning or mid day, although I only checked it and didn't surf.

Funny thing was- when I paddled out I thought it was gonna be waist hi at best, took out the ol 9'10 pig - was surprised to see it at consistent chest high! The funny thing was that I thought to myself: wow look at these "liners" coming through! Haha

Possibly the best (for me) waves of the summer so far (tonight, not afternoon)
    Liners are the best aren't they? Lol