close ad [x]

Page 689 of 700 FirstFirst ... 189589639679687688689690691699 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,890 of 6994
    Super fun sesh out front this morning. Waist to shoulder. Nice power. New sandbars at WB!

Woulda called into work but I took Friday off already Luckily the boss doesn't mind if I'm a few minutes late, as long as my board is on top of the car. He gets it.

Finally got some salt water in my veins! I was getting cabin fever sitting at home. No more! Waves were chest - head high on the sets, with lulls in between. When it pulsed you could see them rolling in from way outside. The sand bars were beat up pretty good so it was a little tricky getting the right wave but when it all lined up it was a blast.

I caught mostly lefts / frontside on the 6'4" Flashback Fish, easy entry, pump pump pump for speed, drop down for a big bottom turn and then vertical for a snap off the lip or arching top turn depending on the wave. On the inside the wave jacked up for a speed run till it closed out. Many ended in a proper kick out, some ended in punching through the back or straightened out as it detonated behind me. One or two smashed me in shallow water.

Sad to see all turtle eggs on the beach and I saw a few dead baby turtles floating in the lineup while fish were feeding on them. The parking lot was still closed from the storm so I parked on the side of the road and walked. No big deal. I was the only person in the water for a little while but with every wave I caught, a new face showed up. Once 5 new faces joined me I was done with that peak and paddled a 1/4 mile down the beach to another peak all by myself again.

I caught a few gems down there. Then it went quiet for a bit and didn't catch a wave for a while. Finally a meaty one came right to me as two more morons paddled out by me. I dropped in right from the peak and went for the best ride of the session. Big bottom turn right after dropping in, top turn, bottom turn, pump pump pump to beat the section and rode almost to the sand where it closed out in shallow water. I ended the session on that note. Ahhhhh....

Images
    Took an extended lunch break. After I could not get in the lot at my 1st choice (temps in the high 70's so lots of beach goers - retirees/tourists), I headed north. Upon arrival, sizable clean waves were far outside, but busting through the shore pound was a bit of a challenge (I made a tactical error and paddled out in the wrong spot ), but once outside it was super glassy. Caught a couple glassy bombs that broke way outside.. as DP said, it "went quiet for a while", so there was some time between sets. I caught a real nice one, was able to cut back into the pocket, had a clean wall for a bit and then road the foam all the way in, since I needed to get back to work. I was glad to get some even though it was a real short session.

Surfed with my son after dinner an hour before dark in trunks. Waist to chest, choppy. Only ones out. Love the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    Took an extended lunch break. After I could not get in the lot at my 1st choice (temps in the high 70's so lots of beach goers - retirees/tourists), I headed north. Upon arrival, sizable clean waves were far outside, but busting through the shore pound was a bit of a challenge (I made a tactical error and paddled out in the wrong spot ), but once outside it was super glassy. Caught a couple glassy bombs that broke way outside.. as DP said, it "went quiet for a while", so there was some time between sets. I caught a real nice one, was able to cut back into the pocket, had a clean wall for a bit and then road the foam all the way in, since I needed to get back to work. I was glad to get some even though it was a real short session.
    It's always good to get a "surgical strike" in your busy day, glad to hear you scored, C-Dog. Feeling like James Bond after you get out, timing is everything dear chap. Work is for mere mortals. I got the goods for a bit yesterday, today I paid the piper. Peace and waves bro.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    It's always good to get a "surgical strike" in your busy day, glad to hear you scored, C-Dog. Feeling like James Bond after you get out, timing is everything dear chap. Work is for mere mortals. I got the goods for a bit yesterday, today I paid the piper. Peace and waves bro.
    Indeed, it was a "surgical strike." I trunked it to save time and so that it would limit my time in the water (a bit of a twisted accountability method). Only tactical error was failing to eat some sort of energy snack in route. Nevertheless, well worth the effort. Thanks and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrol321 View Post
    Finally got some salt water in my veins! I was getting cabin fever sitting at home. No more! Waves were chest - head high on the sets, with lulls in between. When it pulsed you could see them rolling in from way outside. The sand bars were beat up pretty good so it was a little tricky getting the right wave but when it all lined up it was a blast.

I caught mostly lefts / frontside on the 6'4" Flashback Fish, easy entry, pump pump pump for speed, drop down for a big bottom turn and then vertical for a snap off the lip or arching top turn depending on the wave. On the inside the wave jacked up for a speed run till it closed out. Many ended in a proper kick out, some ended in punching through the back or straightened out as it detonated behind me. One or two smashed me in shallow water.

Sad to see all turtle eggs on the beach and I saw a few dead baby turtles floating in the lineup while fish were feeding on them. The parking lot was still closed from the storm so I parked on the side of the road and walked. No big deal. I was the only person in the water for a little while but with every wave I caught, a new face showed up. Once 5 new faces joined me I was done with that peak and paddled a 1/4 mile down the beach to another peak all by myself again.

I caught a few gems down there. Then it went quiet for a bit and didn't catch a wave for a while. Finally a meaty one came right to me as two more morons paddled out by me. I dropped in right from the peak and went for the best ride of the session. Big bottom turn right after dropping in, top turn, bottom turn, pump pump pump to beat the section and rode almost to the sand where it closed out in shallow water. I ended the session on that note. Ahhhhh....
    is this a true story or fake news?
    lol jk.am sure it took the weight of the storm effects off your mind for a while

Images
    Crappy session on Tuesday night. Just long walled up closeouts. I refused to sit on the right peaks nearby with 10+ guys each. In hindsight I should have just sucked it up and dealt with the crowds.

Really yearning for airs right now. Saw soulrider bust a sick one last Thursday. Looks like this weekend we are gonna start getting a bump. Hopeful to get some practice in then.

Quote Originally Posted by frost View Post
    is this a true story or fake news?
    lol jk.am sure it took the weight of the storm effects off your mind for a while
    lol It's real news! It definitely took my mind off of it. We were lucky to not have much damage, so I didn't have too much on my mind thankfully, just the boredom of sitting inside for days. My family is still without power though, but they have a generator so it's not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    Crappy session on Tuesday night. Just long walled up closeouts.
    Same... And I, too, passed on the crowded peaks that were actually (sorta) working.

I just hope the Jose swell has more south in it...