close ad [x]

Page 720 of 721 FirstFirst ... 220620670710718719720721 LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 7209
  1. Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    What up MIS?
    1. Where did you hike?
    2. The paddle in sucks. I surfed a number of windward reefs. My bud was a die hard crouch guy. I hated that paddle in...so spent at the end!
    hey JD
    I hiked Kahana (the valley that creates the bay adjacent to crouching) and went deep up there to get to the pools.
    that paddle does suck, but its a small price to pay sometimes

Between last night and this morning, some really fun sessions. Glassy little rippers with sets in the chest to shoulder high range. This morning the swell felt like it had some east mixed into it, but just enough to pump out some screamer lefts. Managed to sneak out under the radar and scored it solo... which is pretty amazing considering its a weekend. Rode the fish...

Water was crystal clear and still warm... and again, alive with fish. This time I saw some Albies, which is cool. Just sitting there, looking down the beach, all of a sudden a few splashes... some baitfish jump out of the water... then boom! Albies flying all over the place. The whole thing lasted no more and 15 seconds... and then they were gone. Those things are stealthy...

Nice MIS! Love Kahana...such a beautiful place.

LB sounds like similar conditions this morning/ minus the Albies! Managed to get a couple of shacks on some chest-shoulder nugs. Glassy little pits! Pulled in pig dog on one and got the el roll0! Sucked over and body slammed...came up laughing uncontrollably that the little pit handled my ass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Nice MIS! Love Kahana...such a beautiful place.

LB sounds like similar conditions this morning/ minus the Albies! Managed to get a couple of shacks on some chest-shoulder nugs. Glassy little pits! Pulled in pig dog on one and got the el roll0! Sucked over and body slammed...came up laughing uncontrollably that the little pit handled my ass!!!
    The el rollo, from The Endless Summer?

Images
    I went out first thing this morning wind forecast was light winds semi glassy.....wrong, blown out east winds, chest high maybe bigger on the sets, just didn't wet my whistle...went back home. Around 11:00 had a storm come through, looked outside an no wind, surfed good waves from 11:00 to 3:00, hardly anyone out and any wave I wanted....6.5 out of 10 rating

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    Pulled in pig dog on one and got the el roll0! Sucked over and body slammed...came up laughing uncontrollably that the little pit handled my ass!!!
    Lol! Yea... I was thinking, "I'm gonna say I got drilled on the 'who's been surfing' thread"... 'cause I actually did, and more than once. Glad I wasn't alone!

Got up a little too late today, on my day off. Didn't look like anything great anyway and my nephews were up there earlier and said it was kind of blown out.

Images
    This past weekend was really fun. Saturday was bigger, clean on the face, but a bit lumpy as the winds died down but didnt really go offshore.

Sunday was just pristine bluebird conditions all day. Chest high+ on sets. Spent the whole day on the beach, took a few pics.

a couple morning sessions over the wknd. oktober has been terrible down here so far. had some knee to occ thi highs on saturday. current blew me across the pier on my LB. had some decent rides for the size, that carried me some distance. nothing truly epic. sunday morning was only smaller, really had to paddle and hope you caught it. less ppl in the water as you'd imagine. however, still in trunks so that's aight

I agree. What a fun weekend! Mitch's pictures say it all.