Page 740 of 747 FirstFirst ... 240640690730738739740741742 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 7465
    It was blowing hard onshore with a 8 foot north swell, and it was either The Cove where real men surf real waves on Nor'east conditions,or Kiddie Pools, a protected crowded reform school south of a secret jetty. I chose Kiddie's.
    The incoming tide brought in random chest high plus peaks, some bigger random drops, and lots of closeouts.

I took the 6'8" NA egg for speed and ease of entry, to get ahead of the foam. It worked great,got lots of waves, some connected, one was a really fast backside left that went thru to the shorepound. Lots of dudes falling in the shorepound. It started raining for a while but not enough to glass it off, just stinging on the back (trunked it).

Douched the ears out with white vinegar afterwards, the ocean smelled like ass. A commercial diver that does props and bottoms just told me he uses a 50 -50 mix of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Makes sense. Life is goode!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Yeah, but the surf was highly over-rated. It was "meh" at best. Had a few good ones, but the rides were un-spectacular; typical Wall NH. You must have been thrilled. The last stormed ****ed up the sand bars once again.
    Anyway, better than flat, like your high school girlfriend....
    Right tide, right place makes all the difference. I had a really nice session. Following morning was sweet, though brisk.

Images
    I just flew back from San Diego last night from a weeks vacation. I lived in SD in the early 90's while in the Navy. I have been a half dozen times since then but the last time was about 5 years ago. Traffic definitely sucks, just have to plan on it by really early surf sessions. Got pretty fun waves this trip...swell started filling in Friday morning, peaked Saturday & still OH sets through Monday.

Images

Day-um!

I can't believe that I missed all that by just a day or 2.

Glad you scored bruh

Noice

Snuck out for a quick not-as-horrendous-as-it-looked lunchtime session in moco just now. Knee to waist high and onshore, but there were little lines to be had here an there. 2-3 second rides mostly, and not much to do on them but just stand and go where the wave decides, but I got a decent handful in the 25-30 min I was out. Plus it's my first time surfing what I believe is the closest spot to my office. 10 min drive on the dot, so totally feasible to get a half hour session and be back at my desk in an hour. Which is pretty suite.

Side note, first time ever wearing a 4/3... I've always had a 3/2 and a 5 mil and been too cheap to buy a third suite. Pretty awesome for this time of year. Got one from needessentials (after first hearing of them on here a month or two ago), seems high quality, plenty comfortable and easy to paddle in, and I was extremely warm. So that's cool.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Piedra View Post
    I can't believe that I missed all that by just a day or 2.

Glad you scored bruh
    Yeah, got there last Wednesday & I knew swell was due toward later in the week. Wednesday was tiny, Thursday could of searched & found waist plus but knowing the swell was hitting Friday just waited. Scored good waves Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday OH+ with biggest Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwhite View Post

That looks so damn fun!