Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

wetsuits for short women

my girlfriend has a birthday coming up. she wants a wetsuit. she is 4 foot 10 inches and weighs 96 lbs. the girls' suits won't fit her chest (8 inches too small) or hips (4 inches too small) and the women's are way too tall. does anyone know anything about how to size a wetsuit for short women? or if any brand makes wetsuits for short women?

She will have to try on a bunch. I am short but taller than your girlfriend and BodyGlove and Ripcurl fit well enough. Ripcurl fit me better than BG.

Did she try on larger girl children sizes? Children's 14 Roxy fit me well enough, but not as well as a six Ripcurl woman's size.

And by the way, the correct term is wetsuites

Is it just sleeve and leg length is the problem? Could she roll it up or, gasp, cut it? Or is thr torso too long too?

Aleeda will make a custom suit for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    She will have to try on a bunch. I am short but taller than your girlfriend and BodyGlove and Ripcurl fit well enough. Ripcurl fit me better than BG.

Did she try on larger girl children sizes? Children's 14 Roxy fit me well enough, but not as well as a six Ripcurl woman's size.

And by the way, the correct term is wetsuites

Is it just sleeve and leg length is the problem? Could she roll it up or, gasp, cut it? Or is thr torso too long too?
    hey, thanks.
    yes, wetsuite. who could forget?
    i was thinking the same about the children's but ehhhhh, awkward, how exact do the hips, waist, and chest measurements have to be? i looked at roxy's size chart and on the suite the hips and waist are only an inch or two off but the chest area is 8 inches too small.

ah. correction. chest area is 3 inches too small

What thickness are you looking for?

I'm pretty tall so I don't know how much I can help but I know some companies are selling sperates like Billabong. The new thing is surf leggings & then she could pick up a wetsuite jacket? Not sure what area you're surfing in.

2mm Leggings (on sale too!)

2mm Jacket

I'm sure you can find thicker wetsuite jackets but I figured I'd just pull one off of billabongs site.

I personally find Roxy to run bigger so I would suggest going with Betty's suggestions. (I'm a 4 in Roxy and then a 6 in Ripcurl & Billabong)
    Last edited by Caroline Campbell; Apr 1, 2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Added a sizing example

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline Campbell View Post
    What thickness are you looking for?

I'm pretty tall so I don't know how much I can help but I know some companies are selling sperates like Billabong. The new thing is surf leggings & then she could pick up a wetsuite jacket? Not sure what area you're surfing in.

2mm Leggings (on sale too!)

2mm Jacket

I'm sure you can find thicker wetsuite jackets but I figured I'd just pull one off of billabongs site.

I personally find Roxy to run bigger so I would suggest going with Betty's suggestions. (I'm a 4 in Roxy and then a 6 in Ripcurl & Billabong)
    we only need a 3/2. it's never that cold where we're at. it's good to know that roxy runs bigger. i think a juniors' 12.

Bottom line is you gotta drag her to a surf shop and have her try on everything. Once she finds what fits her, she is good for life-- can keep ordering that brand and size unless she gains a lot of weight.

Even though the measurements don't match hers, that might not matter. For example, if she is larger in the bust, that would then take up more of the torso of the suite, and it wouodnt matter that her torso is shorter than the suite torso. She just has to try them on. No getting around it.
    Last edited by Betty; Apr 2, 2015 at 12:16 AM.

I think you can get a custom suite on Wetsuitwearhouse

go try 'em on at dix sporting goods. selection good this time of year.