Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Style and Flow

For the LB'ers

For the power surfers...

Didn't get to read the whole thread yet. Will later.

But I will mention this. I don't have good style. I don't think so atleast, I feel my economy of motion is a bit out of whack. Whatever. But as far as flow, I think that creates good style.

For instance, I have a LB style on any board I ride. Smooth cruisey lines, until I see a exciting section. Then I get all SBer on it and try to hit it. Whether I'm on a LB or SB is the same.. I think it's important to let the wave breath instead of trying to jam 7 turns on one wave. Taking the mellow approach and getting excited when the time is right. So basically the opposite off competitive surfers haha

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon2 View Post
    For instance, I have a LB style on any board I ride. Smooth cruisey lines, until I see a exciting section. Then I get all SBer on it and try to hit it. Whether I'm on a LB or SB is the same..
    This is so true. I can be cruising on the longboard, nice and mellow, but if a section presents itself I try to wack the hell out of it. Never feels quite right but it's just instinct at this point.

When I think about surfing mid-lengths I think this is how it should be done. Taking off behind the peak, faded bottom turn, foot work, sharp turns to stay in the pocket and milking the wave for all its worth.

Both Bass and PA summed up what I was trying to say in my first post. Nice job fellers.

Longboard Expression Session at Pipeline

That longboard expression session at pipe video really doesn't do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PA_KOOK View Post
    That longboard expression session at pipe video really doesn't do anything for me.
    Is it "wave envy"????

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Is it "wave envy"????
    I'm from PA Barry, I always have wave envy...

But no, I think it's just the fact that if I were able to surf in those conditions (which is way outside my comfort zone) I would not be surfing that type of board. When the conditions are pumping, I prefer to ditch the long board for something shorter. To each their own, if someone wants to charge double overhead pipe on a longboard go for it, it's just not something I'm interested in doing or watching.