Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Kelly Slater retirement rumors

I know this has been discussed.... sort of. There was allot of talk of Kelly retiring. But we never actually heard anything from the man himself. Well i just watched the dawn patrol show for the first event of the year. Posted today. Kelly was on it and asked about the rumors.

His response was basically if he gives it his all and is feeling healthy but isn't in the race for the title at the end of the year, he's done. But if he gives it his all and is within reach of the title and feels he can still win another, he'll be coming back.

Just figured I'd let you guys know since there was talk of retirement but nothing from Kelly himself till now.

Love me some Kelly. That being said he gets over scored sometimes in small stuff. Then again he really is the magic man some times in certain conditions. I won't watch too much of the tour when he's gone. Not that I do now.

I was amazed at what he was doing 5 years ago. It's only more amazing now.

Bump. Was up early and figured I'd watch his heat. He looks great.

Yaawwwwwnnnnnn!!!
    Who gives a fvck .....

Quote Originally Posted by bubs View Post
    ....................... He looks great.
    Is he part of your homoerotic dreams...?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Yaawwwwwnnnnnn!!!
    Who gives a fvck .....
    We Do!!

Images
    Bored of Kelly Slater. I have been hearing that name for 30 years. Shows what a tight circle surfing really is when one person no matter how talented can dominate the sport for so long. I can't grasp why someone who is so well off financially, young enough to have a whole other life in front of them wouldn't move on. In high school I was trying out for the basketball team, went through all the tryouts and won a place on the team. After reading my name on the list I quit. I loved basketball but the organized competition part just plain sucked. The day I quit I played 3 pick up games and had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Is he part of your homoerotic dreams...?

He's a different breed... wired for competition. That's one thing you don't hear much about the guy... he's an absolutely ferocious competitor. Age doesn't change that about a person.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    He's a different breed... wired for competition. That's one thing you don't hear much about the guy... he's an absolutely ferocious competitor. Age doesn't change that about a person.
    That's partially why i posted this. He's basically saying if he's still surfing good enough to win a title, he will keep going. He won't quit until he's not able to surf at that level anymore.

I was never a huge fan of him. No one can deny that he's any incredible surfer. But his style just never really appealed to me. But to surf at this level at this age, that something special. But we've all been saying that for years. Nothing new there. What i found cool was that the rumors were only partially true. He still has that drive and if his body can follow, he's surfing