Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wavepool FL

Wavepool FL

http://magicseaweed.com/news/kelly-s...florida/10166/

DP you see this? In my back yard. I'm going to the county meeting to see how it pans out...stay tuned.

Yeah I heard about it.

Would be suite if they could get it to where there were multiple waves per minute

They should open a chain of wave pools.

It'd probably clear all the kooks out of the ocean

I'm applying for a PR job so I can scam free waves

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    I'm applying for a PR job so I can scam free waves
    So you are applying for Welfare??

Images
    fk kelly slater

I think it's pretty cool that Kelly made that wave. Compared to all other man made waves, his is the best by far. It actually looks like a fun wave. But with that being said, i don't think I'd ever want to surf it. Surfing without the ocean just seems weird. Maybe if i hadn't surfed in a long time due to flatness and really really really need to catch a wave. Maybe.

Is it a pretty wave? Yeah. But its constant. Same speed. The way a wave changes speed and is constantly changing as it moves....i don't know. Its part of surfing i guess. A man made wave just doesn't appeal to me

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon2 View Post
    I think it's pretty cool that Kelly made that wave. Compared to all other man made waves, his is the best by far. It actually looks like a fun wave. But with that being said, i don't think I'd ever want to surf it. Surfing without the ocean just seems weird. Maybe if i hadn't surfed in a long time due to flatness and really really really need to catch a wave. Maybe.

Is it a pretty wave? Yeah. But its constant. Same speed. The way a wave changes speed and is constantly changing as it moves....i don't know. Its part of surfing i guess. A man made wave just doesn't appeal to me
    Good point. I initially thought, "I'd surf the fock out of that thing". And maybe I would. But would the *sameness* of every single wave eventually get boring? Even Chicama and Skeleton Point will throw the occasional curve once in a while.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. I haven't surfed in at least 3 weeks. I'd surf the fock out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    So you are applying for Welfare??
    No, here in America we trade goods for services rendered rather than pay cash and taxes, whenever possible. I am offering some marketing services for free access. Wavefare, not Welfare! is my new motto. O Barry
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Mar 22, 2017 at 01:48 AM. Reason: O Barry