Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sea life

Haha. Thanks g

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Haha. Thanks g
    anytime you know for sure know that bunker ( peter bunker?) is menhaden. viva la menhaden.

Quote Originally Posted by nopantsLance View Post
    And where did you take this picture of Clownface??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    And where did you take this picture of Clownface??
    looks like a troll on here i know aka the angler troll.

Over the years I have had some cool and scary encounters

Giant rays 8-10 foot across flying out of the water...Very cool

Caught in a baitball with dolphins jumping around slapping their tails, fish trying to get away...cool but spooky, I screamed like a girl. My son thought it was pretty funny.

Had a very large Tiger shark swim up behind me and swim under my board, scraped my legs. Probably the scariest experience ever. I could do my Quint impression describing the eye of the shark but you get my drift.

Lots of Turtles and Manatees

Dolphins showing off proving they can surf better than us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by soulrider View Post
    So much sea life...
    I've had a bull shark come after me while I was surfing on singer island. I stood up on a wave and I heard thrashing there was a bully right behind me in the wave... I took that wave all the way in.. bunch of people on the beach saw it..
    Jordy114rio13kirstin.jpg

hope you did a little claim

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoopy! View Post
    never heard of steve Irwin..or darwin

Images
    Toad fish are pretty fkn gnarly

Images
    sunfish - those fins can freak you a little if you don't know what you're looking at, sure scared a bunch of French Canadians out the water

plenty of seals have tried to rape me. they like to get close

surfed over a school of striped bass a couple years ago, that was cool

moon jellies can get kind of thick of here when the water/wind is right in late may/early june

sturgeon up here start jumping in late may early june all the way through summer. last summer had one just and land only aboot 20 feet from me - then I started thinking aboot that girl in FL a couple years ago that had one land on her and she drowned

plenty of water fowl too, but that's aboot it in the chilly north. plenty of dolphins in va/obx

last sept saw a fin pop up about 25-30 yds away from me in ft Lauderdale. didn't think much of it cause the fin looked small. no y'all freaking me out with this small fin on bullshark talk.

in truro once heard a bunch of slapping coming toward the beach. looked through the binocs and saw a massive school of bluefish swimming fast right at the sandbar aboot 100 yds away. guards out on the bar cleared the water immediately

last fall in wellfleet went for early walk on the beach and saw blood everywhere at the high water line. there was a trail up to the dunes, followed it and found a seal that had been fully disassembled by some carnivorous mammal - that was gnarly
    Last edited by your pier; Apr 21, 2017 at 04:19 PM.