close ad [x]

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 98

Thread: Sharks and you

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    8,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    Say for instance you are in the line up with all girls and sharks show their fins. Do you break for shore first or do you make a racket and follow up behind. What responsibility do us true waterman have to the ocean?

    The real surfer never leaves a man behind; period! A real waterman surfer treats an attack on anyone as an attack on himself; school mentality of predictors.

    So there is different kinds of real surfers. The real surfer, the real waterman surfer, the real soul surfer and any mix of the three.

    Weekend surfers are not real surfers despite popular opinion. Because they never learn the little intricacies of their spot. Real surfers need spots and favorite spots due to tides and winds. So stop calling weekend surfers real surfers because they lack the dedication of a real surfer

    Funny thing in your post. You start talking about being with girls in the line up, but then, when the shark shows up, you only talk about not leaving a man behind.....are you gay??

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    4,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    Say for instance you are in the line up with all girls and sharks show their fins. Do you break for shore first or do you make a racket and follow up behind. What responsibility do us true waterman have to the ocean?

    The real surfer never leaves a man behind; period! A real waterman surfer treats an attack on anyone as an attack on himself; school mentality of predictors.

    So there is different kinds of real surfers. The real surfer, the real waterman surfer, the real soul surfer and any mix of the three.

    Weekend surfers are not real surfers despite popular opinion. Because they never learn the little intricacies of their spot. Real surfers need spots and favorite spots due to tides and winds. So stop calling weekend surfers real surfers because they lack the dedication of a real surfer
    it all depends on the situation.but I can name 3 stories off the top of my head not even thinking, about pros abandoning others,its really survival and every man for themselves.its not even abandoning its just u cant get to them in time because theres a 40ft swell.

    sharks are a bit different I guess than victory at sea conditions lol.if I was in the lineup and its crowded and a shark comes in just going to sit there and mind my own business.im sure there will be 10 other people kicking and splashing that will get the sharks attention.il just wait til a wave comes and ride it in.the 9 other guys can be the heros,not me..

    theres probably less than 1% of the surfing population who would actually swim up to a shark attack.u know,saving a little kid from a rip or preventing a drowning is one thing but trying to go fight an apex predator,in liquid lol.thats like stumbling into mike Tysons house piss drunk trying to beat him up,it just aint gonna happen

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    I'm pretty much a weekend surfer clown, some of us don't have that option! But I act like a real surfer! I wouldn't leave anyone out there but your comment it stupid. I drive down during the week after a long day and do my best even though I started very late in life! Must be nice being you!
    If you can day trip to the beach after work that's close don't you think. I lived 3 hours from the beach for the first 23 years of my life I couldn't move until I got off parole. So I get it I would do day trips 30 times a year and travel to Hawaii every year minus a few. So I don't care about your struggle I'm plotting my next score. The older I get the less fuchs I give about dieing out there. I remember at 15 looking at maxing pipeline holding my bodyboard and fins thinking I don't want to die out there

    Now I'm standing at pipeline holding my surfboard thinking I don't want to break my back. And no I don't surf big pipeline ever and maybe never. I've been looking at that wave for 10 years.
    Last edited by Clownface; May 20, 2017 at 05:51 AM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    If you can day trip to the beach after work that's close don't you think. I lived 3 hours from the beach for the first 23 years of my life I couldn't move until I got off parole. So I get it I would do day trips 30 times a year and travel to Hawaii every year minus a few. So I don't care about your struggle I'm plotting my next score. The older I get the less fuchs I give about dieing out there. I remember at 15 looking at maxing pipeline holding my bodyboard and fins thinking I don't want to die out there

    Now I'm standing at pipeline holding my surfboard thinking I don't want to break my back. And no I don't surf big pipeline ever and maybe never. I've been looking at that wave for 10 years.
    Its been my experience that the more people talk about how often and cool they are for surfing the less likely they are to actually surf...Basically i don't believe a word you say.

    Theres 2 types of surfers, those that do and those that do not.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Its been my experience that the more people talk about how often and cool they are for surfing the less likely they are to actually surf...Basically i don't believe a word you say.

    Theres 2 types of surfers, those that do and those that do not.
    Yeah your right I'm lying, I do surfer maxing pipeline. I'm basically admitting that I'm scared to surf big waves and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But I do push myself on big waves and technical surfing. Just not made for it or I could have a change of heart and start charging. I just don't feel comfortable in big reef surf once it gets TOH I'm scared. Some spots I'm scared at DOH. Some spots I'm scared because its sharky and murky water. If you go to Kauai you might share my fear of offshore reefs 20 min plus paddle outs. Just getting swept to sea in open ocean currents.
    Last edited by Clownface; May 20, 2017 at 06:34 AM.

  6. #66
    I doubt you have ever even seen that

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    I doubt you have ever even seen that
    Just because you don't have your priorities straight enough to spend 2500 to surf the Northshore that's not my fault. Maybe more if you start breaking boards.

  8. #68
    Hahaha you do see that 808 on my name yeah?? I live on the islands clown

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    8,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    Just because you don't have your priorities straight enough to spend 2500 to surf the Northshore that's not my fault. Maybe more if you start breaking boards.
    I bet you live and post from Siuox City, Iowa.....

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    I bet you live and post from Siuox City, Iowa.....
    o Barry, he's not in Iowa. He's in Australia. He said so himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clownface View Post
    I'm in Australia mate
    See, he even uses terms like "mate". That proves it. Probably says crikey too.