close ad [x]

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85

Thread: Deadly Dreams

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    2,158
    Quote Originally Posted by foamieswithmyhomies View Post
    Redbull vodkas got me through nam
    Redbull was founded in 1987... Sucks you spent so much time as a P.O.W.... Glad yer out and surfing!

  2. #72
    it doesnt matter who we are...what matters is our plan

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Good to hear from you again, JTS!
    Thanks Man, hope you and the family are doing well. Did you get any of that Mothers Day swell?
    JTS

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Thanks Man, hope you and the family are doing well. Did you get any of that Mothers Day swell?
    JTS
    Got a little of it that afternoon off Dam Neck, but it had fizzled out a bit.

    *****

    DP:
    A tracheotomy might reduce the apnea if it's structural (as opposed to central nervous system induced), but you'd have to find a way to seal it while in the water. I'm kidding of course. Our youngest, special needs daughter, now 20, has had a trache since she was 3 weeks old - so long that it's now difficult to close, even surgically. Severe sleep apnea due to upper airway constriction had been a concern.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Youse guys are tremendous - - seriously.

    So, nynj & TLo - - the MIG pilot mask didn't work out for me, as noted. Got fitted for it, although it seemed cursory factory med at best. I'd fall asleep with it on, waking up to it either clamping on my radiator grille or ripping it off cause it felt creepy as fark. The longest I kept it on was maybe 3 hrs, in which time the technology recorded over 10 'events' where I supposedly stopped breathing. I know: not good.

    Before the MIG mask, I tried the half-face thing where it sits in the nostrils. Couldn't get used to it. Is that what you utilize, T? And how long did it take to get used to? Maybe I should try that again.

    nynj, this was over a year ago that I returned the full mask. Things have improved with the technology...? Incredibly generous offer, btw, thank you much. What are your thoughts on the ApneaRX device, worth a shot?
    Yeah it's the one where it just sits under the nostrils. I wouldn't say I've ever really gotten used to it, but I can at least sleep with it on now. The difference in how much better I feel in the morning is worth putting up with it. No way could I have put up with the full mask.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Got a little of it that afternoon off Dam Neck, but it had fizzled out a bit.

    *****

    DP:
    A tracheotomy might reduce the apnea if it's structural (as opposed to central nervous system induced), but you'd have to find a way to seal it while in the water. I'm kidding of course. Our youngest, special needs daughter, now 20, has had a trache since she was 3 weeks old - so long that it's now difficult to close, even surgically. Severe sleep apnea due to upper airway constriction had been a concern.
    Sorry to hear that DosXX, that must be difficult.

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    Got a little of it that afternoon off Dam Neck, but it had fizzled out a bit.

    *****

    DP:
    A tracheotomy might reduce the apnea if it's structural (as opposed to central nervous system induced), but you'd have to find a way to seal it while in the water. I'm kidding of course. Our youngest, special needs daughter, now 20, has had a trache since she was 3 weeks old - so long that it's now difficult to close, even surgically. Severe sleep apnea due to upper airway constriction had been a concern.
    Sorry man, you seem like a really good family guy though. If I recall correctly, don't you also care for your mother? I know I couldn't do all that, I can barely take care of myself some days!

    I've had all kinds of weird dreams and I can't figure them out. I've had some dreams that are so embarrassing , I'm afraid to tell people about them, but what can I do? I can't control what I dream.

    Every once in a while, I'll have a dream about my best friend growing up. He died when he was 24, which was 24 years ago now. We're coming up the anniversary in a few days. I'll dream about him and he'll talk to me in the dreams. He looks like he did when he was last alive, during these dreams. It's the closest I've come to paranormal events or communicating with the dead. I'm still best friends with his brother (he's staying with me right now ) and his entire family is like my family. I was living with them for years in the my late teens and early 20's. None of them have these dreams where he's present though. They all have dreams where he's still alive, which we've all had those dreams about deceased love ones. But none where he's supposed to be dead and we know it.

    Every once in a while I'll have a nightmare that I think is real and I'll do what I call ''Hitting the kill switch'' and get myself out of the dream. I used to have dreams where someone would be trying to harm me and I'd quickly wake myself up from them. Once I got a little older and had these dreams, I thought to myself, ''These are just dreams, so when this is happening in them, ****ing go after the guy! Kill him if he's trying to hurt you! It's only a dream, you're not really hurting anybody in real life! Stand up for yourself!''. Once I would take control in my dreams, I started to let people walk all over me less frequently in real life events.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    14,877
    Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    Sorry man, you seem like a really good family guy though. If I recall correctly, don't you also care for your mother? I know I couldn't do all that, I can barely take care of myself some days!

    I've had all kinds of weird dreams and I can't figure them out. I've had some dreams that are so embarrassing , I'm afraid to tell people about them, but what can I do? I can't control what I dream.

    Every once in a while, I'll have a dream about my best friend growing up. He died when he was 24, which was 24 years ago now. We're coming up the anniversary in a few days. I'll dream about him and he'll talk to me in the dreams. He looks like he did when he was last alive, during these dreams. It's the closest I've come to paranormal events or communicating with the dead. I'm still best friends with his brother (he's staying with me right now ) and his entire family is like my family. I was living with them for years in the my late teens and early 20's. None of them have these dreams where he's present though. They all have dreams where he's still alive, which we've all had those dreams about deceased love ones. But none where he's supposed to be dead and we know it.

    Every once in a while I'll have a nightmare that I think is real and I'll do what I call ''Hitting the kill switch'' and get myself out of the dream. I used to have dreams where someone would be trying to harm me and I'd quickly wake myself up from them. Once I got a little older and had these dreams, I thought to myself, ''These are just dreams, so when this is happening in them, ****ing go after the guy! Kill him if he's trying to hurt you! It's only a dream, you're not really hurting anybody in real life! Stand up for yourself!''. Once I would take control in my dreams, I started to let people walk all over me less frequently in real life events.
    Thanks for sharing, sorry about your friend.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    2,511
    I rarely have dreams anymore - at least any I remember. If I do have a dream, it's usually about something I had thought about, even only briefly,during the day. I can't recall any about surfing. My Dad passed away a year ago, but I haven't had any dreams about him.

    My problem is getting a full night's uninterrupted sleep. I think some of this is age related and perhaps a too soft mattress...

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Thanks for sharing, sorry about your friend.
    Thanks man.

    These are definitely dreams that I don't mind having. Now last night, on the other hand, I had an awful dream about my ex-fiance. Nothing bad happened in the dream, but just having a dream about her pissed me off when I woke up. She's a great person and did nothing wrong in our relationship, I'll never say a bad word about her. I just have a lot of regrets over not being able to keep her and I've accepted it (it's been just about 3.5 years now) but when I have dreams about her, which aren't very frequent anymore, I wake up feeling really ****ty. Whereas when I have a regular nightmare, I usually don't feel bad for more than a minute after waking up.

    Luckily I had a great day and felt great within an hour!