close ad [x]

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: torq surfboards

Picked up 6'8 Torq on CL for 140. Wanted to get a funshape for the smaller days.

The board was insanely heavy and I did not like the way it paddled. Sold it two days later on CL for 350

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Well put, just what I was thinking. If the shaper knows how to glass properly, I think the two materials feel virtually indistinguishable.
    Right on. And I think it's indisputable that most Epoxy boards last longer since they are more durable in most cases.

just got a torq 6'3" for my grom-ette. a step up from her 5'8"costo cbc sushi

Quote Originally Posted by Obeyville View Post
    Picked up 6'8 Torq on CL for 140. Wanted to get a funshape for the smaller days.

The board was insanely heavy and I did not like the way it paddled. Sold it two days later on CL for 350

yesssss

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    Perfect next boart for her dude. Hope all is well, sounds like it is.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Well put, just what I was thinking. If the shaper knows how to glass properly, I think the two materials feel virtually indistinguishable.
    I disagree with this. I used to favor poly boards, then came to realize that the first few EPS / Epoxy boards were probably not very dialed in volume/rail wise. Then i got a couple EPS / epoxy that I really like. They definately feel different than poly in a good way! Lighter weight, more responsive in small waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    I disagree with this. I used to favor poly boards, then came to realize that the first few EPS / Epoxy boards were probably not very dialed in volume/rail wise. Then i got a couple EPS / epoxy that I really like. They definately feel different than poly in a good way! Lighter weight, more responsive in small waves.
    My poly boart feels dead compared to my epoxies. I know what you mean.

I've got a crappy pop out fun shape for crappy summer days. Its a wave catching machine. Worth the 45 bucks on CL.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor View Post
    I've got a crappy pop out fun shape for crappy summer days. Its a wave catching machine. Worth the 45 bucks on CL.
    I too have a crappy pop out NSP 7'-10" for those lack luster 2" days that I picked up some time ago, a really fun board and if some jerk wants to cut you off....haha...just run 'em over...indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    This is where i think they fit in and what they are good for. I wouldn't buy one for myself, but kids who are gaining interest in surfing but I'm not sure they are committed enough to take them to a shaper, definitely.