Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Road Trip

Some good stuff in this thread. Wish I had some similar stories. I clock about 40k miles per year in travelling for work (mostly by plane) but need a surf trip.

I've surfed quite a few destinations around the world, but most of my stays in one place were very short, sometimes just for a day and on to the next place rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by eatswell View Post
    Some good stuff in this thread. Wish I had some similar stories. I clock about 40k miles per year in travelling for work (mostly by plane) but need a surf trip.

I've surfed quite a few destinations around the world, but most of my stays in one place were very short, sometimes just for a day and on to the next place rather quickly.
    if you can score a plane, I can help you get that proper surf trip. I know a couple epic spots with runways

Quote Originally Posted by wik View Post
    if you can score a plane, I can help you get that proper surf trip. I know a couple epic spots with runways
    Like bethany's diner on block island or billy mitchell. Those two are perfect setups for a little plane. But this is a road trip thread.

I have had many trips all to the same place, uncrowded, no wetsuit, good surf virtually every day, perfect weather, perfect company, my wife, my family, my friends, local friends, perfect accommodations, perfect weather. Just had that for 11 days late june/early july. Buxton, Cape Hatteras.

The Caribbean is where I'm talking about. Couple of remote islands with solid set-ups, runways and no cars. Need bikes tho

Done some pretty epic road trips. Surf wise drove to Mexico twice......once all the way down mainland pac coast to Salina Cruz then back up center of country.....other time again down mainland pac coast to zihua then ferried across to baja.....score scorpion bay pretty damn good.

Non surf.....Cambodia and Vietnam up to China on a Minsk 125cc two stroke. This summer did the indian Himayalas on a Royal Enfield 500cc up to Tibet border then to Pakistani border.....India is nuts...especially on a moto

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    Done some pretty epic road trips. Surf wise drove to Mexico twice......once all the way down mainland pac coast to Salina Cruz then back up center of country.....other time again down mainland pac coast to zihua then ferried across to baja.....score scorpion bay pretty damn good.

Non surf.....Cambodia and Vietnam up to China on a Minsk 125cc two stroke. This summer did the indian Himayalas on a Royal Enfield 500cc up to Tibet border then to Pakistani border.....India is nuts...especially on a moto
    That sounds pretty suite! I wouldn't mind doing something like this one day! Although if I'm taking a trip that far, I'd rather be surfing!

You must of had lots of near death experiences on Indian roads I'll bet.

Mavericks sounds safer than that.

Yes...the roads up in Ladakh were insane. Left hand side of the road, lots of crazy cliffs and trucks to deal with..but great food and people...and views....I took a lot of video might put it together at some point and will post

On a road trip right now. Meeting up with my family in Florida. I was teaching summer school all summer and my wife took my kids south to visit the folks about 10 days ago. So it's a solo trip down the coast.

Looks like I will score in MD and Outer Banks and then I'll hit the interstate because not much happening south of North Carolina.

Hopefully we'll get something over the next week on the Gulf but not looking too promising. I brought my paddle board in case its flat.