Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    For 40 bucks i was entertained for a little bit . I can see how it would get boring quick without finding something to keep you going . I was surprised i didn't find something that i shouldn't have uncovered , being jersey and all . Its crazy what #hit lays underneath the sand . Stepping on one of those nails could be a season killer . but for those bolts you loose while working on something . Its good enough . Buying a 1000$ one , not for me unless i found black beards treasure . i would rather use that doe on a plane ticket somewhere nice or sent it to that guy named bill . He's always hounding me monthly .

I've lost multiple wedding rings and water cameras. I'm curious if anyone ever found Julio Jones earring?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    A Harbor Freight detector is a toy. You need a detector with good discrimination to be really successful. Cheap detectors don't have the power to get deep enough for gold unless it's a fresh loss in dry sand. I like Fisher CZ or minelab detectors, expensive but worth it. It's more fun when your with a buddy to show your finds to
    Thats what i figured. Most of the power tools they sell are usually only good for one use then it breaks. Figured a metal detector would be along those lines too. Still for 40 bucks its cheap enough to try it out, see if you like it, then splurge on a real one of your into it. I kinda want to get one. Non harbor freight ofcourse

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon2 View Post
    Thats what i figured. Most of the power tools they sell are usually only good for one use then it breaks. Figured a metal detector would be along those lines too. Still for 40 bucks its cheap enough to try it out, see if you like it, then splurge on a real one of your into it. I kinda want to get one. Non harbor freight ofcourse
    Yeah but it's like anything even surfboards. Buy something cheap in the beginning your less likely to enjoy it. The best thing about an expensive detector is they loose very little value. I bought my fisher cz20 for $899. Over the years I found thousands of dollars worth of treasure. When I sold it I got $699 on eBay.

I believe I saw one of you guys out there...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    That's a minelab detector, high dollar unit