Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by bubs View Post
    Definitely not the biggest kook on the planet. I am.

I also kind if get satisfaction of the smiling noob burning the ultra serious pro.
    Rob is anything but an "ultra serious pro". One of the nicest people you will ever meet. Just happens to be ultra talented.

2. Quote Originally Posted by fungus View Post
    Funny comment in the link, something about Rob shouldn't be at a beginner wave. WTF is happening to our world?
    Truth right there.

3. Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrol321 View Post
    It's not the boart, it's the rider. I've seen just as many kooks on short boarts as long boarts.
    Trust me......in these parts it has a lot to do with the boards. I long for the days when the majority of kooks were on shortboards. A kook can cause far fewer problems on a shortboard.

Looks like me. Surfs like me. If the pro comes to my beach for the first time in his life and hogs every good wave i do the same thing.gay facebook post by him. He added music. Even moreso.the longboard kook is probably the local.

Rob is a regular at that break. I'd call him a local too.

Quote Originally Posted by waldo-7 View Post
    Rob is a regular at that break. I'd call him a local too.
    In that case the longboard kook is the biggest kook. Thanks for filling me in.

Images
    Rob Kelly has gotten more than his share of waves, he can spare one. Guy dropping in is completely clueless. I bet Rob just paddled back out without engaging with the guy on any level like we all should do. Three times this behavior he needs a talking to but until then let him have his fun. I like that insane smile btw, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Rob Kelly has gotten more than his share of waves, he can spare one. Guy dropping in is completely clueless. I bet Rob just paddled back out without engaging with the guy on any level like we all should do. Three times this behavior he needs a talking to but until then let him have his fun. I like that insane smile btw, lol.
    The guy rips all-time in the march snow day lefts video.

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    Rob is anything but an "ultra serious pro". One of the nicest people you will ever meet. Just happens to be ultra talented.

Surfed next to him a few times. Didn't strike me as overly friendly. Think he was just frothing. I'm sure he's nice. But in the context of the video he is the serious pro. That's all, no diss intended.

Quote Originally Posted by CJsurf View Post
    He's famous now.

Its pretty freaking bad that the guy dropped in on Rob like that........even worse that the guy can't stand up on a freaking longboard on a waist high wave. And people wonder why I'm so bitter towards longboarders.

Sometimes a longboard is the right call, especially on the east coast. If you surf tiny days on a shortboard and get upset b/c you aren't getting as many waves as the longboarders, that's your problem.

That said, there are some annoying wavehogs out there who don't know how to share. **** them.

Back on topic, this dude is def not the biggest kook on the planet. He's out there having fun. Sometimes you get dropped in on, sometimes you're the one dropping in.