close ad [x]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Punting

Images

Punting

Recently, Iíve been getting stoked on airs. I can haphazardly get a few inches above the lip, but usually land behind too far behind the breaking wave. My main concern right now is lift off. Iím not getting nearly as high as I want and I just havenít felt that powerful connection, yet. It almost feels like Iím forcing it too much.

I know this is something that you kind of have to figure out on your own and Iíve searched yee old forum for other, similar treads, and watched several tutorials, but there isnít a whole lot on the topic. So Iím open to any and all advice you guys have for going airborne...

Even if you have none. Hereís a cool video of Dion Agius throwing a few in a wave pool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZE6LkjjmQ

sic vid

and on the real, you cant punt, you can hardly get tubed, if at all. The pics you posted in the past show your posture and nothing in those pics shows you can 'punt'

please post pics that demonstrate otherwise to get me to stfu

About 3 weeks ago I did my first "air" in the last maybe 5+ years. And it was NOT an air reverse. Just a clean boost off the lip and landed back down on the open face. I like turns way better. So my advise is limited to medical questions.

I just eyeball a steep part of the wave, come up hard of the bottom, and instead of putting it on a rail, just keep your momentum going up and out... arms an all. Keep your board under your feet and eyeball your landing spot. It's a lot easier not doing rotations and just keep a smooth arc through the air back down to the wave face.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    About 3 weeks ago I did my first "air" in the last maybe 5+ years. And it was NOT an air reverse. Just a clean boost off the lip and landed back down on the open face. I like turns way better.
    no kiddin. wow.
    old dog new tricks and all that

the thought has never crossed my mind, well done. I can believe that

I've never been goode at airs. Whenever i get a section that has potential, I usually try to launch into the flats as opposed to up. I look like an idiot though, Going to stick to turns and floaters

One of these days I will pull an air! I hate these dudes that can air off an ankle size wave!

A wise surfer once said Imagine the lip 3 feet taller than it really is and setup your turn for the imaginary lip.

I've only hit a handful of airs in my surfing "career". Speed is your friend. I prefer to go for it on a close out section so I don't waste a perfectly good wave.

You know I'm all about those turns, bout those turns, no airs
    I'm all about those turns, bout those turns, no airs
    I'm all about those turns, bout those turns, no airs
    I'm all about those turns.
    I'm bringing turns back, I'm here to tell you skinny *****es that.
    Even though you think I'm old and fat
    Every turn I do is perfect from the bottom to the top.

lol Chavez love putting it on rail that momentum change over the arc lights up part of my brain. pringled

Y?Chavez?Y