close ad [x]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Punting

Images
    ^yeah that’s what I’m looking for LB. Just looks like it’ll be pushing a little bit more than 5mph onshore tmrw which may cause some funk. Hoping that it’ll be a bit more tame in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    Recently, I’ve been getting stoked on airs. I can haphazardly get a few inches above the lip, but usually land behind too far behind the breaking wave. My main concern right now is lift off. I’m not getting nearly as high as I want and I just haven’t felt that powerful connection, yet. It almost feels like I’m forcing it too much.

I know this is something that you kind of have to figure out on your own and I’ve searched yee old forum for other, similar treads, and watched several tutorials, but there isn’t a whole lot on the topic. So I’m open to any and all advice you guys have for going airborne...

Even if you have none. Here’s a cool video of Dion Agius throwing a few in a wave pool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PfZE6LkjjmQ
    First thing you need is a rear and a front traction pad. Second thing you need is a pair of Volcom boardridershorts that have a zipper and a mini wax comb attached to a string in an oddly placed pocket. And you also need a Volcom sticker on your board and your car and your bike and your skateboard and your fridge.

* You can substitue RVCA for Volcom.

PS I cant do airs and am jealous if you havent noticed.

Images
    Drop in , pump your arse off , build up some speed , look for a part of the wave thats vertical like a quarter pipe . as your about to get to that part of the wave do three good pumps then a little bottom turn finding that angle towards that lip . What ever angle of attack you make for the air should also be the same for the landing . the faster you are going the more you can lay horizontal pushing into the wave for more load and pop . slower the more vertical you will have to stand and depend on pop . If you can skate board ramps or snow board the park airs should click . I call it the ollie gene , either you have it or you have to work on it .