close ad [x]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pro: great breaks
    Con: no waves (eff you Cape Cod!)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstink View Post
    Pro: great breaks
    Con: no waves (eff you Cape Cod!)
    Always seemed funny to me that there's a much bigger surf shop on the south shore vs up on Cape Ann given the wave distribution.

Pros: My break is not in VB
    Cons: We dont have waffle house up here, and nobody really wears thongs. I mean, once in a while you see one, but its not like college chicks with those new T thongs that are really just pieces of string. If I'm doing a poor job of describing them just click the SCW thread.

Pros: My local break is a beach break only 15-20 minutes from home, very consistent due to swell exposure from the North, East, and South and being outside of the Cape Shadow and outside of the Bahama Shadow. Parking is free. Empty peaks year round. Majority of my sessions I'm the only one in the water as far as I can see. Breaks on most tides, including high tide pretty often. Showers and bathrooms on site. Holds large swell and picks up the smallest of swells when others are flat. Oh yeah, I can trunk it most of the year, just a few short months of wearing a spring suite or 3/2.

Cons: Not many. Only a few days per year does it get "crowded". Sand bars are beat up from storms but are improving. Its kinds sharky. If wind is too strong from North or South, I have to drive 30-45 minutes to get some wind protection at the Pier or Inlet jetty. No reef or point at my regular spot, but there's coquina rock reef at a couple spots not far from it, actually same distance from home but North instead of South. Variety of setups is a little lacking around here. Just miles and miles of empty beach break. Jetty and Pier always crowded and makes driving there dreadful.

I don't appreciate you calling vb out! GO HOME!

normoekowe

pros-10 minutes from the base,private beaches,drainers.....

cons-no parking,ticket happy cops

Some of this sorta reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant...
    "Group W (insert North Carolina) is where they put ya if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committin' your special crime. There was all kinds of mean, nasty ugly-lookin' people on the bench there. There was mother rapers... father stabbers... father rapers... Father rapers! Sittin' right there on the bench next to me!"...

Quote Originally Posted by grainofsand View Post
    ^from the Walking on Water, Noah's Arc video? Beachum was killing it in that one.
    Yep. And beachum absolutely was!

@nicksurfalot lighten up shredder

nicksurfalot + VB = oxymoron