close ad [x]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winter surf and snow outlook 2018

Anyone have any theories. Last winter wasn't good where I live but the previous three were super consistent and great. I look at farmers almanac but not sure that really means anything. Looking towards winter now that tropics seem dead. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    Anyone have any theories. Last winter wasn't good where I live but the previous three were super consistent and great. I look at farmers almanac but not sure that really means anything. Looking towards winter now that tropics seem dead. Thoughts?
    nice to see I got so much action on my thread. yewwwwww!!!!!!!

Images
    No clue breh, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be a cold one.

I hope we get nothing, but stand out Nor’easters for days. There were a few that stuck out in my mind, particularly Stella.

Winter is the season of lephs. Backside is cool and all, but I’d rather go front any day.

la nina like 2011-2012?
    if so warmer rainier weaker systems

good for hurricanes, crappy for noreasters
    in nj this means less e and ne swells (read: none), and less frequent and weaker sse swells
    I could be wrong, but thats what 2011>>2012 was like

Quote Originally Posted by Kanman View Post
    No clue breh, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be a cold one.

I hope we get nothing, but stand out Nor’easters for days. There were a few that stuck out in my mind, particularly Stella.

Winter is the season of lephs. Backside is cool and all, but I’d rather go front any day.
    stella was "thee" one.i always see a lot of other states get the best conditions from a swell like ny and obx.stella turned the tables by it maxing in jers.

based on the amount of hurricanes we had I think its going to be a boat load of activity in the winter.i just hope it doesn't snow,which it will

Pretty sure CA had it's best winter for snow in a really long time last year. People were snowboarding in mamouth up until Aug 4th - 270 days of snowboarding.

Every year I hear people say, "We are supposed to get a sheet ton of snow this year!". Meh, I believe it when I see it! I am hoping we get quite a bit considering I signed up to help DelDOT with snow removal. Surf is good, too! HA HA

i'd be content with a couple clean head high or bigger swells a week in jersey and at least 300" in Killington, falling mostly on or immediately prior to the weekends, but not the ones that the waves are good in jersey.

I hope we get a couple good hard freezes this year to kill some bugs. Last year it only got below freezing once, and that was in late march so it got a bunch of my tender plants.

As far as storms and swells go, we can't even predict 5 days out much less three months!

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I hope we get a couple good hard freezes this year to kill some bugs. Last year it only got below freezing once, and that was in late march so it got a bunch of my tender plants.

As far as storms and swells go, we can't even predict 5 days out much less three months!
    Good call. The bugs were out of control this season. Im calling 2-3 very big snow storms here in NJ.