Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Non circle jerk thread

Hows life?

I can't complain. I have a good job, a good vehicle, a nice place to live and good family. Only complaint is I haven't surfed in a couple weeks, or fished.

Surfing has been spotty here too. Cant wait to get out of yhe bronx. Younger me would give present me a stern talking to. What you driving?

Life is great--could use a few more waves than what has recently been here, but I've milked that wave cow my whole life, so it isn't that important.
    Going Xmas shopping today with the Mrs.......

Images
    Everything great here. Slowly growing my business, son is at college (a bit of a learning curve on that front) just purchased a vacation lake home in Maine that we have been saving for since forever. I haven't been surfing much, sprained my ankle renovating the Maine house so been out of commission for the last 3 weeks. Fishing is getting good, caught 25 stripers to 23 inches in hour on Sunday. Exactly how is this not a circle jerk?

Surfing in a lull in NE lately but cold weather means all the big ski areas up north are ramping up snow making which is great.

Just back from a few days in the Finger Lakes. Nice scenery... tons of great wineries... had the whole family (five of us) plus two of my kids brought friends... So seven of us in a house on a lake for 4 days. Good times...

Pheasant season is open.

The stripers are running.

Now if we could only get some surf.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Just back from a few days in the Finger Lakes. Nice scenery... tons of great wineries... had the whole family (five of us) plus two of my kids brought friends... So seven of us in a house on a lake for 4 days. Good times...

Pheasant season is open.

The stripers are running.

Now if we could only get some surf.
    Huh?? Surf on the Finger Lakes???

Glad you guys are well!

Glad there is is this non-jerk thread...

I just bought a house from a hoarder... Cool stuff I found:4 cameras: 2 Minolta film cameras 2 relatively new Cannon Rebel series cameras, 10.5 and 12.5 pixel, 10 lenses all name brand some still in boxes. A coffee can full of wheat pennies and a royal crown bag with a dozen silver coins.
    Numerous tool boxes filled with some descent hand tools, A metal craftsmen table saw, A wood lathe and a standing belt and disc sander.

Crazy ass stuff I've found... 2 crack pipes, a box of stems and seeds and a pot pipe, A hanging bar and a pair of gravity boots a la "American Gigolo"

Horrible and depressing things I've found... Journals about re-hab, Numerous attempts... Ids from half-way houses. Dozens of self help books, Dozens of empty subscription bottles for various re-hab drugs, Dozens of over the counter bottles for sleeping, detoxification, anxiety...

Disgusting Things: 3 FULL refrigerators and freezers full of expired food, a dishwasher filled with packaged expired food 10 cupboards and a pantry filled with boxed and canned food covered with cockroaches.

Have a 30 yard dumpster full to the brim and still have a few trailers of appliances to haul away.

Scrubbing everything and blasting every night with an ozone generator, plus priming and repainting everything.

Won't hit water again until Thanksgiving.

A little busy with this mess, but it is a "diamond in the rough..."

What up Phonics?

How's the jumper these days? You playing any "D" yet? Haha.

We are grooving along nicely here in Chiba City. The water here just got cold last weekend. First wetsuit sessions of the fall the last three days. Always hate that transition but that's what we do; right? At least our Low Country winters are short and mellow.

How the hell did you wind up in the Bronx? At least you are close to BKY for the Nets. Looks like they can use your help!

Be cool Holmes.

P.S. I think that if we all can just keep our pants on, it is officially not a circle jerk.