close ad [x]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OCMD Beach Replenishment

Uh oh, some replenishment at the Glam Cam area?!?!?!

http://ocsurfcam.com/middle.html

Sorry, it's called "Beach Renourishment"!

Everyone on DelMarVa needs to concentrate/focus and think, "NOR'EASTER"!!!

Better yet, Early season Nor'Easter!

Flush all that BS out to SEA.

It takes us about 2 years to get back to normal after a renourishment.... I think they do it every 4 years or so at my home break

on average, ours comes back very quickly. that one year that they were pumping some type of offshore sand/courseness etc I think they were saying, anyway it was like a concrete bottom for a very long time. The most recent times have been dealt with by Nor'easters. All we need is a solid medium period swell over 4 to 5 days and you will see all that sand pulled off the beaches.

I guess it gives those guys a job, but it is one hell of a waste of money, when one storm can undo everything they have done over months of work.

No jetties, and our normal flow (Current) is from North to South.

Total waste of money.

So Sad, jetty is gone...

Everything comes back, eventually... Depending upon where (specific location matters) and how much sand was pumped, it can take anywhere from 2-5 years around here. The best situation is when they create "feeder beaches" to the south, that allowed a slow, gradual, natural migration of sand from south to north. Great sandbars for years. Then the sand ran out, and it went back to shorepound.

I miss old OCMD. As a lad, you could pretty much surf anywhere. Sure the spots changed. Inlet, pier, carousel, 15th, 48th, 70th, 81st, 28th, 8th (i could go on) - all ruined except for small periods of time since pumping began. Funny thing is that when they first pumped the sand bars were actually better for a short period of time. I miss my old spots. Beach replenishment is the devil

Quote Originally Posted by smitty517 View Post
    I miss old OCMD. As a lad, you could pretty much surf anywhere. Sure the spots changed. Inlet, pier, carousel, 15th, 48th, 70th, 81st, 28th, 8th (i could go on) - all ruined except for small periods of time since pumping began. Funny thing is that when they first pumped the sand bars were actually better for a short period of time. I miss my old spots. Beach replenishment is the devil

Beach replenishment is always meant for tourism. Tourist ruin every destination they go to, bar none. Especially cruise boats. I wish ISIS would discover them! Cruise boats have most definitely ruined Caribbean islands. I hope they sink, the f******!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    Beach replenishment is always meant for tourism. Tourist ruin every destination they go to, bar none. Especially cruise boats. I wish ISIS would discover them! Cruise boats have most definitely ruined Caribbean islands. I hope they sink, the f******!!
    Or ocean front homeowners. People like to think there's going to be nice stretch of sand to protect them from storms as if a real storm can't quickly strip all the sand away in a hurry.