close ad [x]

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Surf Movie

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    That's why I like those old longboard films from the '60s, and like to read books about that era. Let's the imagination run...

I didn't start until the '70s, but it was still rarely crowded... only on big, clean hurricane swells was there ever a crowd. Your normal, everyday session was usually empty.
    I started in 1961 in PR. Shortly after, 1962-63, I went to Rincon with my elder brother, my age 13. About 1965-66, I went there often with friends--we were the ONLY ones surfing Marias, for days at a stretch. Today, on a ****y swell, there are 75 assholes in the water, mostly american tourists trying to be cool.
    Glad I had it when empty.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    I liked Riding Giants!
    im sure you do

Images
    I dunno aboot contests, so I'm just gonna list a buncha flix ive watched lately that are good for various reasons

-proximity...itll make the old men roun here cry
    -view from a blue moon
    -under an arctic sky
    -psychic migrations - great cinematography with music
    -intersection

think ive viewed a couple more, but I cant remember

Raid on Lower Trestles

Quote Originally Posted by STK View Post
    Step into liquid
    +1 great flick

Bustin Down the Door

Shelter for me... love that movie

I like surfing films that are not shot in Tahiti, Indo, etc..that is my first requirement. They also have to show some missed waves, wipe outs, interesting features..

There is a guy who some time ago posted a short, basic clip of his buddies surfing in NJ (not Sam Hammer and what have you) and it was neat to watch. It also had a good song. It was like his school project or something (IIRC)

Aside of that, I always liked what Mikey did with Sight Sound. Lavarase Los Manos, because Nate F. is an animal. Little Victories, because it's normal CA waves for the most part.
    Whatever Norwell9 puts out.

Nowadays every bro has a drone and you almost have to weed out **** after every single EC swell..there will be 8 different videos of that day, sometimes from breaks just miles away. So it's kinda like whatever. I usually dry wetsuite and watch Jeopardy instead. Gets me stoked to get back out everytime

Surf ninjas ....

10. The scheissen film DP starred in.