2013 Swellies awards

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by EmassSpicoli, Dec 28, 2013.

1. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Nominate one for each:

MEMBER OF THE YEAR
    HATER OF THE YEAR
    ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
    WORST NEW MEMBER OF THE YEAR
    THREAD OF THE YEAR (we may not need this to come to a vote)
    POST OF THE YEAR
    BEST SWELL OF THE YEAR
    WORST MYTHICAL HURRICANE/TS OF THE YEAR
    FIGHT OF THE YEAR
    BEST OFF-TOPIC THREAD OF THE YEAR
    MEMBER ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR
    WETTY OF THE YEAR
    SI CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR
    NON-SURFING CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR

On Wednesday a poll will be created to vote on the nominees for each. Voting will run through 5pm EST on Friday.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  2. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Nominations listed above.

3. Paddington Jetty Bear

Paddington Jetty Bear Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Hey Spicoli, how's it hanging? Don't ever say you won't be back, because you always will. No one can quit this place. Spicoli, just remember that if you want to be a Swellinfo "star" you have to take the good with the bad. I'm sure you watched Mrs. Garrett on The Facts of Life. Just be one person, drop that AO dude.

Member of the Year: Seldom Seen. A modest chap of extraordinary means he remains chill and gets the job done. Honorable Mention - Zagaffer(let's face it everyone loves him. I have a picture of what I think he may look like hanging on my wall); Erock(of course); and there are so many others that deserve credit. Sorry I can't point you all out. Wow, I can't believe I didn't choose Erock, which shows the type of year Seldom Seen had.

Hater of the Year: Yankee.......no contest. AO had no style or finesse...... Yankee can hate and you know it, and he can hate and you don't even know it.

Rookie of the Year: Emasspicoli........love him or hate him, he came and grabbed you by the testicles and either massaged them gently of squeezed them like Hawaiians in coconut tree. Call this place Cheers because everybody knows his name. Some points were deducted for vanishing because someone(some a-hole) said he and AO might be the same dude. These colors don't run.

Best Swell of the Year: November 27-28, 2013, totally, with December 15, 2013 a close second.....or all of them knee high days in July...pick one. Remember some of these swells the south gets a day or two sooner...So adjust accordingly....

Post of the Year: Anything by Jack Richards

Fight of the Year: The post-Boston bombing fight between MFitz73 and Trevolution.......nothing else comes close. It was a 72-96 hour event of subterfuge and shananigans. One of them even created a new account with the other's identity(just like one letter off or something) and started posting, making the other look foolish..... Crafty and f'ing vengeful. Man, the internet can make a fella angry....

Best off Topic Thread: The Boston Bombing One

Member Achievement: What? Surfers don't achieve anything........

Wetty of the Year: My new 5 mil XCEL drylock mothertrucking boots

4. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Ahh look at that, while I typed.....

Hey Zach, I think Spicoli's got a thing for you.

5. Paddington Jetty Bear

Apr 23, 2013
    Oh Spicoli, way to go with a SWELLINFO.COM Participation Thread to ease back in and get some attention. Brilliant move.

You know that nobody can refuse a Participation Thread, and nobody was really biting on the sporadic posts you have submitted lately.

Man, we either all in on this place or we ain't. This ain't no place for half-way crooks, son. You just a shook one...

Oh, the lucky ones that get sucked-up on..........

6. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Wow, I'm honored to see your nominations Mr. Bear, many thanks. Hey Emass, hope all is well dude. I like this idea, should be fun...I'll be back to provide my nominations soon, when i'm back on computer time...

7. Sniffer

Sniffer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Best Thread of the year - Boot drying (mind blowing stuff there)
    Member achievement award - I think we all know who that is.
    Wetty of the year - Any first time posters that got pissed on.
    Member of the year - Seldom seen (Pics of a dog wins every time) or the guy that has the avatar of a pair of boobs that turn into a dog (not sure who that is) or Chavez who has a nice shot of what looks like a pair of coconut oil lathered tatas.

8. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    You are a gentleman and a scholar. Respect.

9. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u come up with some funny sh1t everytime .I love reading your rants,when usually I skip post the long ones but u never disappoint pjb

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    you look at that pic of the dog and u have to smile.

I think this whole 23footer epicness was really a typo,it really meant 2-3footers,which is epic by nj internet gossip standards.
    member of the year - pjb,his rants are classic and should have a "next testament"version for the bible.
    hater of the year-yankee no argument
    rookie of the year-whoever doesn't have 500posts in a 6month period
    best topic-what should I do with my life,a 2 page argument lasted 40pages
    wetty of the year - my 3 piece 5/4/3.we use springsuits over wetsuits cus we cant afford the real things.

11. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    gruvi is the all-time winner,and so many of you newbies weren't in on it or it would have been ruined like the rest of this crap

12. MFCondor

MFCondor Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Us newbies are just a waste of time. I feel like I cane even vote because i haven't been around long enough.

13. surfrr

surfrr Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    MEMBER OF THE YEAR -erock
    HATER OF THE YEAR - yankee seems to be the crowd favorite
    ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - NJshred
    WORST NEW MEMBER OF THE YEAR - every spammer
    THREAD OF THE YEAR (we may not need this to come to a vote) - tough to name one but most recently,
    "wtf should I do with my life" come to mind

POST OF THE YEAR - Shred classic
    "Make your own money brahhh. I do not operate a bank. And yes I do bang chick ls on my car but no redneck Camaro. Nissan baby. GT. vin diesel drives one. And I do listen to music when I'm benching. Who doesn't. Drake is on my dre beats head phones now. Those headphones cost 200$ brahh. And joke of you are man enough to show your pics. Only one I saw was the redkneckne kurebeach surfer that I could bench press under the table. And do t joke my music. That dude has a red hot chili peppers sticker on his board his his gay blog for that lame charity!! Ha. Ever heard of real music. They suck my balls. Along with the 10 I brought home from the club last night. A bunch of haters in here. Grow up. You act like you were once in middle school. It's funny actually.hahahHhHah"
    BEST SWELL OF THE YEAR - Sunday/Mondays in December
    WORST MYTHICAL HURRICANE/TS OF THE YEAR
    FIGHT OF THE YEAR - delsurf73 vs. ShawnKenny in skimmers, honorable mention yankee vs. chuck
    BEST OFF-TOPIC THREAD OF THE YEAR - the official surf fight club
    MEMBER ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR -PJB and the seldom seen christmas
    WETTY OF THE YEAR - the one i got last year off whiskey
    SI CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR - Gruvi and Hilly
    NON-SURFING CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR - archy

14. Thewaternerd

Thewaternerd Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    +1 to that ...

15. billabongmoney

billabongmoney Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    this is racial profiling

16. rcarter

rcarter Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    MEMBER OF THE YEAR - Erock

HATER OF THE YEAR - yankee or me but since Chuck and that new dude who said he left think we are the same I guess that is redundant.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - MIS-13 or Emass

WORST NEW MEMBER OF THE YEAR - That new kook I ran off in my other thread, damn why can't I remember his name or Wayne and his rape van or Roy, damn it I can't decide.

THREAD OF THE YEAR - hello for sure!

POST OF THE YEAR - Any post by Shredmachine about 23 footers, shoting piers or banging hindus.

BEST SWELL OF THE YEAR - Spring but can't remember the date.

WORST MYTHICAL HURRICANE/TS OF THE YEAR - Chantal

FIGHT OF THE YEAR - sandblasters vs. hello OP or 99% of the forum vs Roy and Chuck tag teaming.

BEST OFF-TOPIC THREAD OF THE YEAR - Undecided.

MEMBER ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR - Me for quitting weed.

WETTY OF THE YEAR - MVsurfer 7mm all-season for darn sure.

SI CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR - Is Wayne molesting kids on surfboards?

NON-SURFING CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR - Anything by Archy

17. Sandblasters

Sandblasters Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    MEMBER OF THE YEAR - seldom seen
    HATER OF THE YEAR - chuck taylor - viva la south
    ROOKIE OF THE YEAR- shredmachine
    WORST NEW MEMBER OF THE YEAR- mdb638
    THREAD OF THE YEAR (we may not need this to come to a vote)- north vs south
    POST OF THE YEAR- pjb and the ss Christmas
    BEST SWELL OF THE YEAR- october at hunting island.
    WORST MYTHICAL HURRICANE/TS OF THE YEAR- all of them lets start the hype machine for next year.
    FIGHT OF THE YEAR- hello thread
    BEST OFF-TOPIC THREAD OF THE YEAR- to many to decide probably the south vs. new jersey
    MEMBER ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR- emass 2000posts in record time
    WETTY OF THE YEAR- 4/3 oNeil epic
    SI CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR- multi accounts
    NON-SURFING CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR- archy

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  18. Justin Curtis

Justin Curtis Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Swell of the year - doomsday swell

19. worsey

worsey Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2013