Bam Margera of Surfing

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Jesterface, Jan 7, 2018.

The Bam Margera of surfing

1. Jamie O'Brien

45.0%
  2. Ben Gravy

35.0%
  3. Colin Hurley

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Anybody who surfs Lowers

5.0%
  5. That one Australian Guy

15.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jesterface

Jesterface Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2017
    Who will splatter scatter and poopie their way to king of surfing jackassery?

2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016

3. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

You already have...repeatedly. But only in your small, narrow-minded, world.

4. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
  5. be.ach.soon

be.ach.soon Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    All three of them are good people in my opinion. Have met Colin a couple times and he always comes across as really humble. Best surfer out both times I saw him too.

Ben used to do crazy stuff for click bait but a whole lot more down to earth now. Just a friendly guy stoked to surf anything.

O'Brien is an excellent surfer who is just having fun in the ocean and trying to make a living doing it. Reminds me of me and my idiot friends when I was a kid (less the excellent surfer part). Seems to have the respect of people at his home break.

They are all just people trying to make a living surfing. I honestly respect and envy all three of them and am happy to subsidize their lifestyles by subscribing, watching and liking their videos on Youtube.

nopantsLance, Kanman and cepriano like this.
  6. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    u really cant compare skaters to surfers.2 different games.skaters are wild,surfers are calm and collective.id say the only one on bams talent level would be job.the rest of the surfers don't compare.plus none of them are on his former salary level where u can smash lambos and stuff like that.

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    A lot of people talk sheet about JOB, but I agree with Be.at.soon, dude can surf! He just does whacky crap. The guy is doing crap in 10 to 12 foot surf that some of us wouldn't do in 6 foot surf. I don't know, I find his videos entertaining.

8. Bukake

Bukake Member

Feb 14, 2016
    really? Occy was a maniac. Also, watch the Lost videos from the 90’s. I think nowadays the surf culture has mellowed out. I also think surfing has been widely accepeted everywhere, whereas skateboarding is still seen by many as “criminal”.

Dukestheheat likes this.
  9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Same as it ever was..
    [​IMG]

10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    It's all "attention-seeking behavior"... at least to some degree. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just saying it's part of the equation.

11. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    This made me think about bam setting off fireworks in his parents bedroom in the middle of the night. He was such a visionary

desandan likes this.
  12. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    That’s one of the best ones. In addition to kicking his Dad’s ass while he was on the shitter.

desandan and headhigh like this.
  13. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Wow!! LOOK!! A criminal!!!!!!

14. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    ben gravy - NUB TV videos are just like the old jackass videos that Bam did. Now Ben's sober - i think Bam is too or is trying.

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    So you’re saying he’s nothing more than a copy cat.

16. hinmo24t

hinmo24t Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    im sure they were inspired by jackass and cky videos...maybe not offered a contract for airing them considering its like jackass 2.0. the nub guys go as hard as the jackass crew from what i can tell.

17. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I used to run into the guys from Jackass quite a bit in West Chester

18. Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor

Riley Martin's Disgruntled Neighbor Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    skateboarding IS a crime. A crime against boredom and getting lost in the glow of a gizmo.

19. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    dude if u weren't inspired by jackass in the early 2000s idk what u were doing as a teen lol.every single person I know did some sort of stupid stunt after jackass first came out.never recording it but doing stupid shit.thinking about it that's when I was a skater lol

I was never too big into them but I did the shopping cart thing when it first came out,have ur buddy push u into a bush lol.just stupid kid stuff,it was purely out of joy not for attention.a lot of people got permanent scars from that era lol.

I'm sure ben was influenced by them I don't personally think its bad like theyr hurting themselves for our viewing pleasure.plus ben has a long way to go to get on bams level with skating.a lot of ppl don't know he was a top dog in the skate world,u would compare him to someone like andy irons.not anymore but in his time he was legit

headhigh and desandan like this.
  20. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    My friends and I would go to Home Depot and other stores and take their shopping carts and then ghost ride them by holding onto them while hanging out the window of a car or truck. We’d get up to speed and then let it go into to parking bumpers and curbs launching them high into the air and crashing hard. It was a blast lol We’d get up to 40mph before letting her go hahaha ahhh the memories.

headhigh and ChavezyChavez like this.