globalism, communism and censorship@swellinfo

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by xgen70, Mar 24, 2018.

1. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006

stop deleting threads bunch of lame ass admins/mods

Just lock it and or delete the "offensive" post like the majority of forums do.

Stop being afraid of freedom and enjoy it while you can.

willburne, DawnPatrol321 and Zippy like this.
  2. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    This will get deleted.

But. How hot is briana cope

willburne and DawnPatrol321 like this.

3. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Take it to reddit xgen, nobody cares if you're a globalist commie. This forum works best when we keep things largely about surfing.

jaklsurfs likes this.
  4. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Forums work best when censorship is kept to a minimum.

Regardless of the cracked out comments by you and persons such as Jesterface, within reason, people should be allowed to express their opinions, even Jesterface.

With so many threads/posts about a "dead forum", you would think you could find a link between traffic/clicks and excessive moderation of this forum.

Just trying to help Swellinfo stay ahead of the curve; Freedom works best.

soulrider and willburne like this.
  5. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    It's censoring

7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I'm all for open discussion, but this is a privately run surf forum. It's their constitutional right to delete whatever content they like. Haven't we already had this conversation a few times? Maybe they do lean to the left on how they choose what content stays and goes, but that's on the site admin and I think they have already made up their mind(s).

Plenty of places around the web will let you post whatever you like. Vote with your clicks.

soulrider likes this.
  8. edk

edk Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
  9. throwing buckets

throwing buckets Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Yeah...why is my "WSL is retarded" thread, locked? wtf?

soulrider likes this.
  10. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Because you used the word "retarded"

11. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
  12. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    That's what I was thinking too

13. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    How does the saying go..."no dog in this fight". Really, more of a general observation of the direction the forum has taken. It just seems a little haphazard in nature at times, over time. Didn't they have a bunch of wack jobs as mods at one time?
    Anyway, for those who have replied to this thread:

"It's censoring" and you are correct it's still censoring La_Piedra, not easy to decide what crosses the line and what doesn't and who makes that decision.

"Vote with your clicks", yes always the best way to counterbalance anything web-based HeadHigh. Yes, the topic is a repeat.

I still think that they could pull the data and see a correlation between how they have modrated the forum over time, in relationship to Clicks throughs/page views, etc.

I'm sure it is not an easy thing to do and depending on the web traffic/web site, it could be a full-time job. Not to mention what they may have to look at or encounter. Some of the stories about people paid to view the trash of humanity and delete/remove evil shit are crazy, people having PTSD due to that crap is real.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback everyone.

headhigh likes this.
  14. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    This forum has gone in the direction of surfing, oh wait, it's a surf forum.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  15. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    What specifically caused you to start this thread? What thread got closed (in the past week or two) besides the WSL one?

16. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Yea, I'm curious too? Maybe Yuri was a surfer?

[​IMG]

soulrider likes this.
  17. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Yeah, true. And it is pretty damn gay......

18. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Hello newcomer. It's good to post a hello thread so we can get to know you better. Do as follows in the new thread...

Please send pics of your wife/girlfriend/mother or all three so the forum can evaluate what size wetsuite she needs, this is very important. Also prease answer the following questions:

What is you bench max? Have you ever surfed Belmar? What is the propere leash string tieing method? Have you ever done smack in Ocean City, Maryland? Have you ever dropped in on someone in Cocoa Beach, Florida? When is the last time you preformed sand reconne?

19. sigmund

Dec 7, 2015
    Wait, so if I'm gay and on this forum, I'll get free cake?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  20. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Used to contribute to another surf forum years ago, pre-FB.

When the Good Ol' Boys Club got tired of opinions differing from theirs, they opened a thread looking for votes on locking undesirables from their favorite threads.

As you can imagine, there was a bit of angst and resentment at such an arrogant idea. It was quickly dropped, but then something happened.

Facebook.

So all the GOBS moved their platform over to FB and basically let the website die. Nobody allowed to participate unless you were one of the GOBs.

But the something else happened.

Facebook is blowing up because a certain population is so blinded by hate and continues to foolishly search for any kind of #escapegoat as to a reason why the object of their psychopathic derision could possibly be voted into office.

Their paranoia has seeped into every form of social media...the platform of which they are themselves masters. And they are slowly killing themselves by carrying out that which they so loudly condemn: the arbitrary and capricious silencing (aka "censorship") of those that have opinions contrary to their own.

Irony is a bitter pill.

Swallow it.