trash

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by eppeldaa, Apr 26, 2018.

1. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    #MammalianPoop

2. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Managed salvaging two 18th century pieces two weeks ago, and one other (unsure of century right now), as a less informed was about to haul them off to the landfill...bed frame, unsure of the second piece - probably a china hutch, and a wash stand with bowl and pitcher. All currently in off-site storage but will snap pics once ready to work with them.

CBSCREWBY and La_Piedra like this.

3. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    This is actually the way to go man. Not even from an environmental or landfill stand point. You can find some really good stuff at people's curbs or garage sales or whatever. Usually will take some TLC but if your handy it's no big deal.

When i moved into my place with the lady we were looking for a table for our screened in deck. Bbq there, built in benches.... just needed a table. Found one falling apart at a curb. Threw some L brackets on that thing to get it all sturdy, cut the legs down a few inches so it fits the built in benches, then sanded it down and gave it that rustic look. Similar table with that rustic look is going for a few grand in a store. Mine cost nothing. Everything i used to tidy her up i already owned

heaps of Meh likes this.
  4. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    There's a serious movement with the OCMD Surfrider Foundation right now with the Strawless Summer campaign and a lot of businesses are signing on, as well as the Ocean-Friendly Restaurants campaign. Kudos to those owners.

There's also a new campaign in OCMD called GoGreenOC and these dudes are really poking needles into the sides of the geezers who run this town in city hall about the waste disposal system in this town.

in 2010, OCMD decided to "burn" their recycling program in favor of a "waste to energy" system that essentially piles all of the massive amounts of trash this town creates into multiple tractor trailer trucks daily and carts all the waste to Chester, PA to an incinerator.

It's sad that this beach town sets such a bad example for reducing, reusing, and recycling. In this day and age, the $$$ and "savings" still means more than well-being and positive influence. But who am I kidding? Look who's been voted into the Oval Office, and the majority of the Eastern Shore of Maryland stand behind it all.

Don't even get me started into the corporate/political protection/corruption behind the disgusting poultry industry here. That's an entire threade on it's own.

eppeldaa likes this.
  5. eppeldaa

eppeldaa Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I think we all know what to do

La_Piedra likes this.
  6. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I limit myself to one wipe when I poop. Win or lose I only get one... gotta do my part

7. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    As long as Keith Richards is happy when were all gone, its all goode

8. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013

Maybe we are space trash that grew out of control.

CBSCREWBY and DawnPatrol321 like this.