Swellinfo Redesign

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Swellinfo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Yes, thats right, its been a long time coming, but we've created a fresh new, more modern, mobile friendly Swellinfo layout/design.

We are looking for some forum members, to help test drive the redesign before we launch it to the masses.

If your interested in checking it out, and giving feedback, please send me a message, and I will get back to you with the credentials to access the new site.

I am pretty stoked on the new look and feel, and so far, the feedback has been super positive. I know sometimes its hard to get used to change, but I'm hoping you guys are pretty amped on this.

If you receive the credentials (we will cap the amount of people we give access), you can use this thread to provide feedback. We appreciate any and all feedback. Cheers,

URN_Surf_Company and fl.surfdog like this.
  2. fl.surfdog

fl.surfdog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2010
    I like it, all the same features and a little more. So simple to use everything is right there no more searching....change over now, seriously

Swellinfo likes this.

3. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I’m sure Barry’s got some free time

Make SI great againe

4. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    fl.surfdog has never led us wrong, if he says "change over now, seriously" then YOU can believe it's time to change over now, seriously

fl.surfdog and sisurfdogg like this.
  5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Dear SI Abnim,

Anything is bound to be an improvement. Four paws up, sight unseen.

Respectfully,

SISurfdogg

P.S. Preasse send me the credentials, I'll give you honest and addled feedback.

6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I want to like it but I don’t think I do. It looks kinda like the Surfline app now, but not as organized and compact, which is alright I guess, but I’m just not feeling it. Maybe I will get use to it. I’ll give it a chance.

7. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think it says a lot about the current administration that they would consider our opinions on the design, especially in light of the fact that it's membership is made up of a mishmash of infighting hooligans.

Very cool.

Kahuna Kai, CBSCREWBY, DpapaK and 5 others like this.
  8. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Attempted to log in a second time with the provided credentials, but it could not locate my record. Was going to test uploading this image with my initial feedback to the forum.

Blue.png

9. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    May want to edit the "about" page: "teh" to "the".

10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Nothing about me is "free". I am very expensive.

Kyle likes this.
  11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    I felt bad after posting this, because I know how much work goes into these. I went back and gave it another look after a good night’s sleep and feel much better about it today than I did yesterday.

The sliding charts take a min to get use to. I like seeing the primary swell and secondary swell how you have it on the report. Is that live buoy data? Would be cool if it was.

When you show tides though, I would prefer if you listed them chronologically rather than grouping the high tide together and the low tide together. I would alternate them high, low, high, low. Minor adjustment really.

For me, I’m all about that buoy reading, I like to see what it was the last few hours leading up to now and I like to know what it is currently. So anytime that data is a key focus I am happy.

12. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I can help. IT background so understand software testing.

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Another suggestion, and this is purely selfish, I would add Satellite Beach and Melbourne Beach to your report / forecast page. I know it’s been this way for years, but maybe it’s something you can change?

SCOB3YVILLE and Kyle like this.
  14. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    I also went through the mobile side, I like the asking of the location, automatically puts your forecast in....nice.... everything is basically the same after that....again, I like it, change is good, it breaks up the monotony....just my $.02

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  15. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Like a pack of roaming wild dogs you see in PR.

Merx likes this.
  16. swabby

swabby Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    As long as the Scantily Clad thread is carried over to the new format - I'm OK with the change.

17. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Regained access (surely midnight user error), currently logged in with new credentials.

Testing "feedback image" drag/drop "thumbnail" option:

Blue.png

Test quote:
    Off to make decaf. Will play again soon.

18. fl.surfdog

Dec 6, 2010
    It is, I checked....haha

Barry Cuda likes this.
  19. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Ok so all of my previous comments were based off of how it looked on my iPhone 5s.

I just checked it out on my PC and it looks a lot better than I originally thought.

Although 99% of the time I’m on my phone so keep that in mind. Mobile friendly versions of websites typically aren’t as good as the full websites, so it’s not surprising I got a different impression from the two.

I’m happy with both versions, just have to get use to it is all.

Swellinfo likes this.
  20. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    You guys are going to have to help me through all this. I'm not good with technological change. An example; Pac Man, I was good. Then Mrs. Pac Man came along. Waaaay to confusing.

littlerhody, DonQ, headhigh and 3 others like this.