All hype

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Zeroevol, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    long period swell is much trickier than your average wind swell, but there was swell to be found if you could sniff it out. I surfed head high waves in Delaware Tuesday night, at not your typical spot, and glassy as could be.

2. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I didn't have a lot of time to check other spots, so I just went straight to the party zone! Glad you scored!!

3. CarolinaCutback

CarolinaCutback Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Was really fun down in SE NC yesterday... not so much today. Caught a few head high ones.

4. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Had a buddy text me some pics from WB, it looked fun.

5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I second this. Days like yesterday are when it pays to have boss who surfs.

6. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Well, this morning wasn't as good as I was predicting. Still fun, chest high sets and clean

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Shut up and go feed your pigeons - they are hungry...lol
    I am in anticipation of toe-high waves tomorrow, with, at least, 11 second period!!
    I am soooooo excited!!!! Toe- highs!!!

8. mrcoop

mrcoop Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I was definitely kinda disappointed this am...thought for sure it would still be the peak, not the case but still fun. Tuesday late pm was excellent, head with OH sets...typical waiting periods for the sets but when they showed, pure fun.

9. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    The swell was solid further south on the Delmarva. When the swell periods get over 10-11 seconds, certain Delaware spots become VERY tide dependent. mid outgoing to low, and right through low tide the energy is just sucked out of the swell. Unfortunately for this swell, that coincided with Tuesday late afternoon evening, and Wednesday from sunup through mid morning - the peak of the swell.

Also - Delaware sandbars at certain spots are at their WORST in the middle of the summer. So the little bit of long period energy was filtering in during the outgoing tides had pretty mediocre sandbars to work with.

My two cents....

10. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I saw Mitchell commented and I got excited for some pics! HA HA

11. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Real good in Monmouth County today. A lot of people out there who didn't have any business being there though.

12. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Had 3 session in Delaware that were firing.

13. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I'm curious to see some pics from the morning.it wasn't bad when I got out of work,but it sure wasn't no 5-7',more like 3-4'.i did see a few head high sets but they rarely came through,just playful 3 footers imo.still good tho,definitely not epic and not as good as the low we got in august 2-3 yrs ago

14. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Tuesday or Wednesday? And you def were not at the inlet. Ha ha

15. SkegLegs

SkegLegs Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Broke a board and had to walk back to the northside parkinglot to grab my backup, so technically i was.

16. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    I know where you were. I looked down there before I paddled out and it was right on shore, but it looked like it started to get better. Were you in the group that was down there?

17. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    This morning in was easily 5-7 with maybe a few bigger sets every so often... really fun down in south moco (read: Belmar was going off!) lol

18. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    This! and swell direction/period were perfect.

19. Zeroevol

Jun 22, 2009
    Noice!

20. unBEARable

unBEARable Member

Nov 30, 2012