Another terrible forecast for the ECSC but at least there's no Red Tide, sheesh

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by grainofsand, Aug 20, 2018.

1. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The smallest surfer will win.
    Pump. Pump. Jump off on the sand. They’ll be scoring the dismounts.

2. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Isn't this just effecting the gulf side of Florida? Looks horrible from all the photos I've seen.

3. grainofsand

grainofsand Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2014
  4. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    the east coast of florida gets the green algae

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    From Lake Okeechobee thru the St Lucie River out the St Lucie Inlet in Stuart (East coast) flows lots of toxic blue green algae. Same as it flows west from Lake O thru the Caloosahatchee River to Fort Myers and out into the Gulf. It has destroyed the quality of life there, and some of the stuff trickles down to the Jupiter Inlet and a bit south. It's nasty. Lots of dead fish, dolphin, sea turtles, manatees as a result. People are having breathing problems. Plus closed business, fishing charters etc, and swiftly declining property values. It'a giant mess with no end in sight. Unless it snows.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  6. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I googled it and this is a real word. You deeeeep south folks really know how to name stuff haha

7. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    It's Native American for River of Turds

SCOB3YVILLE and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  8. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Hopefully it stays south of Clearwater, we'll see. But yeah, pretty f-ed in the a down there. We still know a few people down there and they say its miserable. Fug the sugar farmers, they and state pols are the holes that said River of Turds flows from

9. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    do love some sweet tea tho. st augustine trip got moved to jax beach this wknd. glad i won't have to get to close to this crap. cutting up some jean shorts for the trip

10. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Went to Jax a couple weeks ago, scored each day early but blown out by 10-11. Hope you score

11. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    1. Agave nectar
    2. Honey
    3. Sorgum
    4. Molassas
    5. Maple Syrup
    6. Fuck Big Sugar

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  12. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    My boss has been pushing me to use stevia in replacement of sugar. Apparently it’s not bad for you.

Anyone use that?

13. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey Man, cut em nice and high so the pockets stick out below the cut level so i can spot you in the crowd!

nopantsLance likes this.
  14. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Actually, yesterday at noontime after the storms had passed was the best I've seen all month at VB/Dam Neck...waist high and semi-clean. So ECSC did get something, despite the forecasts.
    But as fate would have it, my board was at home. Won't repeat that mistake today.

15. StuckontheGulf

StuckontheGulf Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    No sign of the red tide here in Treasure Island yet. I heard its just to the south of us near Ft. Desoto and slowly moving this way. We have been in a weird wind pattern with onshores for months now. No East tradewind. I was diving the bay yesterday with my kid scoping on a bunch of Stone Crabs around our dock. Every year we dive and get 4-5 lbs on Oct 15. Hope that crap stays south!