any girls in the jacksonville area?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by beyondlimits, Mar 22, 2012.

1. beyondlimits

beyondlimits Active Member

Mar 22, 2012
    yea ive been to the local beaches and there are no locals..lol..ive seen like 5 ppl out in the water..unless its just cause its spring idk.. NOTHING LIKE HAWAII where pp are literally fighting for a wave..

2. surfsolo

surfsolo Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Cool. Pickup a 7-8 ft foam board or something like 8 foot funboard that will last you for the first couple years when you are just getting your surf legs. Do not get a shortboard (I did when I learned and I learned the hard way).

Edit: expect to pay 200-300 for a lightly used/new foam board or about 300-350 for a used funboard.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012

3. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    WOW im not a guy nor is this a fake profile i understand im probably the only girl on this forum but c'mon guys..gotta start somewhere instead of going out and making a fool out of myself (which will happen probably regardless )but actually kinda know wtf im doing lol..i love the comments..but please dont be jerks im actually trying to get my **** down..ok..keep the advice coming boys..so far get a fun board or a longboard..got it. what about wax?

4. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Use it... All over... Sorry....

5. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    well im not like "most girls" so..im up for a challenge..besides drowning ofcourse lol

6. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Come on SJB. Your pic shows a girl with brown hair and brown eyebrows... Does the carpet match the drapes.

I smell spam.

7. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    actually i have all over blonde highlights ..hint blond hair..why is this so hard to believe i dont understand what the problem is..this is pretty funny..guys are that desperate they would pretend to be a girl?! pretty low.

8. surfsolo

Apr 1, 2009
    pic with swellinfo in the background to validate!

9. surfsolo

Apr 1, 2009
    SJB is capable of anything after being banned from the boards! LOL

10. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    huh? wtf are you guys talking about who/what is SJB?

11. Cinnaeve

Cinnaeve New Member

Jan 27, 2011
    I'm a girl who surfs almost every day, even in the winter and even on days that are less than perfect. I never post on this forum but enjoy reading *most* of the threads. That said, it's good to see another girl take an interest in surfing and asking for advice. Most of you are being very nice and answering. Sadly, it's true if it were a guy asking the same questions he would be called a kook which is unfortunate because everybody is a beginner at some point. Nobody paddles out for the first time knowing everything and rips it up on double overhead waves.

For the *sshole who said women should be in the kitchen - F*ck You! You probably ride a Bic Funboard in knee high white water and nose dive 9 out of 10 times. Oh, and women realize how much physical effort is involved in surfing. I bet I'm a h*ll of alot more in shape than many men on here. Women CAN and DO surf, and surf WELL. FYI there are pro women surfers in case you haven't noticed. Good luck BeyondLimits!!! So glad to hear another chick caught the stoke!!! :) Have fun!

12. ClemsonSurf

ClemsonSurf Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    I fully support female surfers, I'm married to one. I believe that Cinnaeve is a respectable female surfer. I'm skeptical of our new friend on here and am probably polarized from past attention seeking posters.

BeyondLimits, if you are a naive young surfer with blonde highlights and D's, welcome to the forum. If you're some dude pretending to be a naive young surfer with blonde highlights and D's you better make this a hilarious thread.

13. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    Awesome!! are you in my area PLEASE SAY YES!

14. Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool

Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I sent you a message. i have a board for sale you may be interested in. Check you messages in your profile.

15. beyondlimits

Mar 22, 2012
    Validation!

Attached Files:

16. Westy

Westy Active Member

Aug 4, 2008
    I'd recommend Brazilian.

17. surfsolo

Apr 1, 2009
    :) My my SJB has taken some EXTREME measures!!

18. surfsolo

Apr 1, 2009
    All kidding aside nice to see some chicas on here for a change. Waiting for swell is so boring around here, seeing some hot surf chicas makes everything a bit more bareable

19. slopman

slopman Well-Known Member

May 7, 2007
    Beyondlimits, I am not far from you down in Carolina Beach. I surf with women all the time. I have friends whos wives surf with us, and we have a good amount of women surfing at my local break....young and older(notice how I didnt say OLD)haha If you are down for the drive, I see more women out at my break than any other spot on the island. Just the other day there were 5 women in the water!!!!
    PS- our waves get a little better than the Onslow county beaches....most of the time!

20. CBSCREWBY

CBSCREWBY Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Slopman... 1600 Sandfidller?